DFI X48-T2R Bernstein Audio Help??

stevex1ong

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
Hi yall! I'm wondering if you guys could help me out. I can't quite remember how the Bernstein Audio is hooked up after my cousin disassembled it (It was pre-assembled). My PC was taken apart and put back together cause Vista previously crashed and we thought it was a hardware problem.
Anyways, I hooked the Audio Module cable from the board to the the card, and also the AC97. After that, I installed the proper audio drivers from Realtek. I get sound using the the Realtek Speaker test from my rear-left, rear-right, and center, but none on the front left and right speakers. Therefore no sound at all when I play any type of files. That didn't work so I disconnected the front audio cable and hooked up the one that said HDAudio or something, and I didn't get anything at all-my sound devices just show HDMI Audio because of my ATI 3870. Therefore I reconnected the the AC97, tried the other separate wires (Don't really have a clue on these cables) and I'm just all frustrated. And in the DFI booklet it really doen't show any type of way to connect it. Am I doing something wrong?
The only way I'm getting sound now is if I use AUX Cable out from the headphone jack (from top of CM 690 case) to the Audio In on my Logitech X540, and I really don't want that extra wire. Does anyone else with the same MB have this problem? because I even googled for help and only found another guy who had a similar problembut didn't really help too much! Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it.
Anyways link here to my DFI X48 specs:
http://www.dfi.com.tw/portal/CM/cmproduct/XX_cmproddetail/XX_WbProdsWindow?itemId=532&downloadFlag=false&action=e&windowstate=normal&mode=view

flyin15sec

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
I had similar problem with my Biostar Tpower. It turns out that by default the Realtek HDMI sound device is the device that all sounds go through.

I ended up disabling the Realtek HDMI, and made the default device the HD Audio. Make sure you restart because if you don't it won't default. Do this through the Realtek HD Audio manager, usually the red speaker icon by your clock.

You should also disable your HD3870 HDMI device to make sure that isn't conflicting in anyway.