Abit NF-M2SV with sapphire radeon 3850 pci-e

KrAsH

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
ok i have a cheapish homebuilt machine here, its as follows:

Abit NF-M2SV
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
2GB Crucial Value Ram
chipset is nforce 405 with geforce 6100 onboard graphics and realtek 5.1ch HD audio
450w psu with 20amps on the +12v rail(poor i know)

What im about to add
Corsair CMPSU-550VX with 41amps on the +12v rail and all the other rails seem well provided for too
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3850 256mb Gddr3 pci-e

now my questions are....

will the nf-m2sv, or more to the point its chipset be fine with the 3850, and i know the current psu i have would underpower things bigtime, sapphire reccomend 38amps on the 12v rail and tht the psu has its own pci- 6 pin connector on it if possible, but basically will the system work fine for light gamin, i play bioshock, ut3, gears of war, GRID and so on but not every minute of the day so its not a hardcore gamin thing but i do know the HD3850 is more than ample for it, thanks guys, im new here so i need a lil help lol

KrAsH

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
i am gonna change the psu to the 650watt version, this hasd 52amps on its +12v rail so that then means im not leavin myself short if i wanted to say... get a better mobo that'd take my 5000+ ;) no advice so far? i thought this site was the place to come to lol

KrAsH

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
how about issues with the gpu and the nforce 405 chipset? ive heard that some ati gpu's run better on nforce chipsets but i dunno how true that is, especially with my old rig blue screenin on any cat suite above 7.7 and that was an nforce2 chipset with an agp x1650 pro lol

KrAsH

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
Well... today i bought an installed a corsair 650TX PSU, i bought it from cclonline.com who i happen to live a short bus trip from so i saved on p+p ;)

It came well packaged, with a shedload of cables(a fair chunk of em i actually dont need just yet LOL) but all in all, the 52Amp +12v rail is more than perfect for my power hungry HD3850, im gonna be testin it on Assasins Creed and single player COD4 to see how things go, but so far all is well and i have all my LED's and LED fans on and running, PSU is nice an silent considering the huge fan it has in the bottom of it lol, dirtmountain thanks for your reply, every other techie who overlooked this post, thanks a bunch lol, just a good thing that im not a pc noob.... i was only askin for a bit of advice ;) aaaaaaalllll gooooood