irritatedskin

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with F6 BIOS. Memory is Corsair XMS2 2x2GB ddr2-6400.

Still kinda new and not sure if this is normal but I'm on a fresh build. Not sure what is going on with my timings. I'm running auto settings for the memory in BIOS, but I've tried manually setting the main seetings and still one stick appears to be slower. There are a lot more timings in the BIOS for memory and I'm not sure what to do with any of them.

slowmem-2.jpg

Can I fix this and if so how?

The memory tab displays the current timings and the SPD tab displays the pre-programmed timings available for the selected module. Since you provided SPD timings for the module in slot #1 only, is the one in slot #3 slower or faster?

irritatedskin

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Both modules are from the set, as far as all timings in bios I can't see any difference. I'm still trying to find a tRC setting in the bios. I'm cannot see a way to individually set each stick in bios, only channels A & B and both of those have identical settings ATM.

Setting modules individually can't be done for obvious reasons. They have to be identical when running in dual channel mode. You can't change tRC unless you change the DRAM settings to manual, but auto usually does a good job on that motherboard. It correctly detected my G.Skill modules at 4-4-4-12, DRAM frequency 400Mhz and FSB:DRAM 5:6. I don't know why it didn't display that info for your system, but that might be because your RAM is different.