imp theme park issue

I'm in the middle of doing the imp theme park and ran into an issue with an
npc. It's an escort mission where I'm supposed to sneak up on a slicer and
calm him before he aggros me. Well, I've tried everything and he aggros me
every time and I killed him a few times abd had to restart the mission. Any
way to calm/peace an npc? I thought if i brought his stats way down then
peace'd him he'd stop so I could converse. I tried running away and and then
re-enter his zone but he still aggros me. This is getting a little
frustrating and annoying. Is this a problem with some sort of factional
standing that I have where it'll make it impossible for me to complete the
theme park?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

"No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm in the middle of doing the imp theme park and ran into an issue with
an
> npc. It's an escort mission where I'm supposed to sneak up on a slicer and
> calm him before he aggros me. Well, I've tried everything and he aggros me
> every time and I killed him a few times abd had to restart the mission.
Any
> way to calm/peace an npc? I thought if i brought his stats way down then
> peace'd him he'd stop so I could converse. I tried running away and and
then
> re-enter his zone but he still aggros me. This is getting a little
> frustrating and annoying. Is this a problem with some sort of factional
> standing that I have where it'll make it impossible for me to complete the
> theme park?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Get to about 63 meters from him, target him, and then type /con. You might
have to keep getting a bit closer to him until it works.

If you're talking about the Emperor's Retreat, I hit upon the solution
that when the slicer aggros, start running away form him. He'll follow
you for a bit, then he'll give up. Do this a few times (let him chase
you), and then he'll surrender the next time you try talking to him. I'd
also unequip any weapons so as not to kill him accidentally.

No1uNo wrote:
> I'm in the middle of doing the imp theme park and ran into an issue with an
> npc. It's an escort mission where I'm supposed to sneak up on a slicer and
> calm him before he aggros me. Well, I've tried everything and he aggros me
> every time and I killed him a few times abd had to restart the mission. Any
> way to calm/peace an npc? I thought if i brought his stats way down then
> peace'd him he'd stop so I could converse. I tried running away and and then
> re-enter his zone but he still aggros me. This is getting a little
> frustrating and annoying. Is this a problem with some sort of factional
> standing that I have where it'll make it impossible for me to complete the
> theme park?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

When you have killed slicer, target corpse and write /converse command.
That should work.

No1uNo wrote:

> I'm in the middle of doing the imp theme park and ran into an issue with an
> npc. It's an escort mission where I'm supposed to sneak up on a slicer and
> calm him before he aggros me. Well, I've tried everything and he aggros me
> every time and I killed him a few times abd had to restart the mission. Any
> way to calm/peace an npc? I thought if i brought his stats way down then
> peace'd him he'd stop so I could converse. I tried running away and and then
> re-enter his zone but he still aggros me. This is getting a little
> frustrating and annoying. Is this a problem with some sort of factional
> standing that I have where it'll make it impossible for me to complete the
> theme park?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The "official" way is to have a positive thug faction rating. Kill
townspeople and show them how tough you are.

CH

This is actually supposed to be addressed in the next Publish (11.2) on
Tuesday.

/converse

is your best bet as has been stated. If you don't get it successfully
before he aggroes you, run (use /peace so you don't attack him. After you
run a while, he'll stop following... Try again. I believe they've fixed it
so you can't /conv with a corpse any more.

Thanks

The Bar-erras Clan
Lowca Galaxy

Thanks all, I found a workaround. I made a loop macro that hit /conv on
target every second. I ran away and just when i left his range and he turned
the /conv stuck.
Thanks everybody for input.

"Psyberowl" <owl@dmv.com> wrote in message
> This is actually supposed to be addressed in the next Publish (11.2) on
> Tuesday.
>
> /converse
>
> is your best bet as has been stated. If you don't get it successfully
> before he aggroes you, run (use /peace so you don't attack him. After you
> run a while, he'll stop following... Try again. I believe they've fixed
> it so you can't /conv with a corpse any more.
>
> Thanks
>
> The Bar-erras Clan
> Lowca Galaxy

"No1uNo" <wetbed2@huntmail.com> wrote in message news:<KDbld.811$tI3.614@trndny01>...
> I'm in the middle of doing the imp theme park and ran into an issue with an
> npc. It's an escort mission where I'm supposed to sneak up on a slicer and
> calm him before he aggros me. Well, I've tried everything and he aggros me
> every time and I killed him a few times abd had to restart the mission. Any
> way to calm/peace an npc? I thought if i brought his stats way down then
> peace'd him he'd stop so I could converse. I tried running away and and then
> re-enter his zone but he still aggros me. This is getting a little
> frustrating and annoying. Is this a problem with some sort of factional
> standing that I have where it'll make it impossible for me to complete the
> theme park?

In the 11.2 Preview notes it claims this issue is fixed.