perez8434

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Hello, well the question is i have had a Raid max RX 530SS PSu already with me for a year and it has not given me trouble. I was going to build a new rig lately and though of using it since i feel i can trust it wont blow on me or anything like that. I feel tempted to buy a know brand PSU like corsair or Antec but i feel safer with this one since i know people who have had Antecs and Corsairs and suffered a fried System. Do you guys think is better for me to stay with this PSU Rather than move on and try something else. I think since i have experience with his one it would be fine. I know this PSU is 80% efficient although you cant that on New egg. The new rig will probably be an i7 with a 4850 and the msi x58. I don't know what brand to trust anymore since i feel is all a little bit of luck in all. I know people who have my PSU and run the same rig but they have just bought this PSU whereas i have it for a while now.

I think that's the PSU that they are including now with the SIMILIDON. I suppose it's O.k, but I'm not a real big fan of Raidmax PSUs. At least that one has overvoltage protection, so if it can't handle the load it should shut itself off. I say should since lower quality PSUs have a lower chance of the over volt protection working properly. If it can handle the load then it should just cruise along fine. Of course every brand puts out a bad unit once in a while, but with higher quality brands like Fortron (especially since they make and design the PSUs instead of contracting out) that will happen alot less.

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
i think with an expensive setup a better psu is your best option. I had the same psu and it went out luckily it didnt take anything out. I got a replacement and put it into my other gaming rig which isnt very expensive. its up to you the psu can run your setup for a long time or maybe for a few sec taking out components?! i just wouldn't rely on that psu for a high end rig. here is a really good deal on a psu. you wont need that much power but its cheap and will handle future upgrades.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341002