Sign in with
Your question

Need help can't log on

Last response: in Systems
September 9, 2008 10:49:12 AM

OK i am very frustrated with my pc and could use some help. About a month ago my my ram sticks died and corsair replaced them for free no problems. Yesterday i got the ram sticks back and i then shut down my pc and installed the new ram and the pc started up fine. The problem is when i try to log on. At the log on screen i enter my password and it begins to log on then my desktop appears for a few seconds and then immediatly logs me off.

When my ram sticks died the first time i installed two older chips i had and windows said that my product must be validated again. I validated it and everything was running fine for a month until i installed the new chips.

I have reset the cmos all defalt settings in bios and still i am unable to log on. I have nothing hooked up to the pc but the keyboard mouse and monitor. I am going to try and call microsoft customer support as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system specs are as follows:
mobo: evga 680i se sli
gpu: evga 8800 gts
cpu: Q6600 G0
ram: corsair xms2 ddr2 twin2x2048-8500C5

Michael Richards
mike1447@sbcglobal.net

More about : log

September 9, 2008 5:03:34 PM

mike1447 said:
OK i am very frustrated with my pc and could use some help. About a month ago my my ram sticks died and corsair replaced them for free no problems. Yesterday i got the ram sticks back and i then shut down my pc and installed the new ram and the pc started up fine. The problem is when i try to log on. At the log on screen i enter my password and it begins to log on then my desktop appears for a few seconds and then immediatly logs me off.

When my ram sticks died the first time i installed two older chips i had and windows said that my product must be validated again. I validated it and everything was running fine for a month until i installed the new chips.

I have reset the cmos all defalt settings in bios and still i am unable to log on. I have nothing hooked up to the pc but the keyboard mouse and monitor. I am going to try and call microsoft customer support as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system specs are as follows:
mobo: evga 680i se sli
gpu: evga 8800 gts
cpu: Q6600 G0
ram: corsair xms2 ddr2 twin2x2048-8500C5

Michael Richards
mike1447@sbcglobal.net

Not entirely sure what you are asking or what your RAM or MS has to do with anything, but is your sytem clock set to the correct month, day and time? If not, set up the clock correctly and try to log on. I guess you mean to these Forumz? How's Jerry doing?
September 9, 2008 6:32:42 PM

^^I think he means the windows log on
Interesting problem nonetheless, I don't have a glue why it would be doing it or what could be wrong...
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
September 9, 2008 6:44:10 PM

Try running a repair on windows.

If using XP.

1. Insert disk in drive
2. Boot to disk
3. Accept the privacy statement
4. There will be an option to repair, format, or install. Choose install
5. In this are there will be an option to select the partition with windows installed. Select it
6. it will ask to either format, or repair. run repair from here
September 9, 2008 6:52:28 PM

Well, I thought OP meant He could not log on to the Forumz. Just noticed the 680i. A good chance the system corruption begins there.
September 10, 2008 4:29:20 AM

I think it is microsoft windows. It seems that this happens when the software is not validated correctly. I have used a system retore disk to install xp on this custom build so microsoft wont help me so i am going to change the ownership of my hd back up some files and reinstall xp. Thanks for the responses. Microsoft is just being difficult to make people switch to vista. They have discontinued almost all support and updates for xp.
!