Motherboard ECS RC410-M compatibility

summerty

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Hi, guys.
I need your help.
My old computer needs some graphic upgrades. I'm not big expert in computer hardware, but what I figured out that I might be able to upgrade a processor and graphics card.
My motherboard is ECS RC410-M. I don't have a graphic card installed and I think there is an available slot for it. I already upgraded the RAM(4Gb now), but it did not help much.

Here is the main question:
- What kind of graphic card and processor I should take a look at that would be supported by my motherboard?
I have about $200-250 on upgrades total.

Thank you so much, I'd appreciate any helpful information!

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
That motherboard will only accept processors that are quite old, even though the physical socket is still used. It is not worth a processor upgrade.
Graphics are another matter though, since you can always take what you buy now out later and use it in your next build. I would not get a card that requires additional power leads in the back. Maybe something like an ATI 4670 based video card will workfor you. That would be a big improvement on the integrated graphics you're using now.

summerty

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Thank you very much, Newf.
I will order that graphic card you linked.

So for the future, I should probably just start working on getting a new motherboard, that would support newer chipsets, first?