Motherboard notebook toshiba nb205-n313p

vanger

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Hi,
when I turn on NB205 N313P laptop, it loads the Toshiba logo, after the logo loads, It doesnt continue to load windows, all I can see is the small line on the upper left corner that keeps on blinking, its just a black screen.

I cant go on safe mode coz hitting F8 b4 start up doesnt work...

I dont have the recovery CD...

I think that, my motherboard is not working well. But I'm not sure about that.

Please, help me on this issue.

It looks like your hard drive, not the motherboard. Although it may be that also.

First make sure you don't have any USB drives hanging off the system, it may be trying to boot to one of those.

Go into the BIOS of the laptop, see if the hard drive is seen. If it is, check the Boot Order, make sure the hard drive is in the list, and is in first place. If you get the same issue after that, either contact Toshiba for a replacement drive (you will need resotre disks from them also or you need to buy another Windows copy), or if the system is not in warranty, you need to get another hard drive. If a new hard drive does not fix it, it could be a motherboard issue. Usually those are almost as much to replace as a new laptop though.

vanger

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Ok. Thanks for your support.

Last week, I finally solved the problem. I did a download of the BIOS's atualization program directly of the Toshiba's site. So, I executed the program and now, my computer is working well.

Thank's for all.

By!

jaehyukchae

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011

Can you tell me what exactly you did and where you downloaded the program from and how you installed it?

I'm having the same problem.

Thank you

TRENDING THREADS