No Audio Output Device is installed

seleucid9

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
Hi, i know there are many posts about this problem on the internet, and I have must have read them all :(
I have literally spent days on this problem, and i have almost given up.
I have an HP Pavilion dv6810us laptop
Here is what i have tried :
1. reinstall windows vista (not the first thing i did but it didn't work)
2. tried to reinstall the conexant drivers, (the lastest ones from the HP site) but when i do this, it gives me this error message:
Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver
3. When i try to install the realtek audio drivers from the HP site, it installs, but when i restart, i still have the red X over my audio icon in the lower right corner. When i go to devicee manager, it shows the driver with that yellow symbol on it, it says that it has a Code 10 error, Device cannot start.
4. I tried installing UAA but it didn't help.
5. I tried installing the drivers in safe mode, nothing.
6. The conextant drivers are not visable in the Device manager
7. I have the windows audio service enabled
8. I have also tried the XP conexant drivers, no luck
I have never been this frustrated with my computer, this problem made me waste my whole weekend :(

If any one can help me, i will be extreamly grateful.
thanks for reading.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
With it being a laptop you might not be able to but... the audio device isnt disabled in the bios is it?

32bit or 64bit OS could cause issues too.

seleucid9

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
thank god, i solved the problem. An idea hit me, i decided to plug in the speakers from my desktop into my laptop. The instant i did that, windows started to recognize the speakers installed the driver!!! i installed the driver from HP instead of the one from windows (because it is more stable) and i have audio!
thanks for ur response chookman
and i hope that this will help other people with the same nasty problem.

seleucid9

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
im sorry to say that the sound stopped woring after i installed windows vista service pack 1. I contacted HP and they said that because i see no audio controller in the device manager, it is a harware problem and that i should send it to them. The repairs will be free they said, so i will do it.