Good case? Would it work?

Hello everyone, I have a pc at the minute which has the following components.
Processor: E8400
RAM: 4GB 800mhz
Graphics card: x1950xt
Harddrive: 500gb
PSU: OCZ 600W StealthXStream

My current pc case is a Compucase 6K28 and I have orderd a 9800GX2 and I have been told it won't fit in my current case.
So I have been looking at cases and have been told to get a Thermaltake M9 Black. Will a 9800GX2 fit inside it? And does the case have decent cooling? I don't know much about fans and cooling etc.. Please tell me if it will fit or not as I am going to be ordering very soon to be in time with my 9800GX2 graphics card.
Thanks alot.

Oh and my motherboard is a ASROCK Intel G31 1600FSB , would it be compatible with the 9800GX2?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
6 answers Last reply
More about good case work
  1. M9 seems to have plenty of room you should be right...
    As for cooling there are better ones around... Antec900 and NZXT Tempest to name a couple. (i know the card will fit in these)

As long as your board has a PCI-e16x slot thats electrical 16x your good. Your PSU could be a bit of a concern if youve had it for a while.
  2. Thanks alot for your reply, so if I get the Antec 900 would it provide more than enough cooling or will the Thermaltake M9 do the job? Oh, and as for the PSU will it be enough? I haven't had it long only 1 week but I could take it back. What do you think?
  3. i have the antec 900 case and i am very happy about it.

it very cool
    looks good
    quite, my hd is louder then all the case fans and i have all 6 of the case fans in

the only problem is its a little more work to get hd's in and out . but i would recommend it to any one

i think i saw it on sale on new egg for $60 but the sale might be up
  4. the ps seems fine i would of given myself a 700 watt in case of upgrades but it should run good on that setup

if you plan on doing a lot of upgrades get a different ps
  5. Your 600w should be enough... from your build i thought maybe youd had the PSU for +1yr which could have been bad... but your good to go
  6. Thanks alot everyone for your replies , gonna order it in a few days! thanks again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Graphics Cards Components