Upgrading Case Fan Question

tgznyc

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Hi guys!

I ordered a bunch of Scythe S-Flex fans to replace the stockers in my Antec 900. The oem fans have a way to set their fan speed on them, but these new Scythes need to be plugged into my mobo to be controlled.

My question is I have 4 of these fans, but I don't see 4 individual places to plug these fans in on my mobo. Do I need to buy some kind of adapter that they will all plug into, and that in turn will plug into my mobo, or is there another way to do this?

Thanks for your time!

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
if you want you can buy another fan controller or you can permenantly make them useless by actually hard wire the fans to the old controller i suppose.

or alternatively you can buy a 3-4pin adaptor if it doesnt come with the fan by default.

which way you prefer?

tgznyc

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Well I would like the mobo to control them so I dont want to add manual speed controllers to them. They have 3-4pin adaptors with them, but like I said the only place I see that I can plug this in is where I have the cpu heatsink fan plugged in.

Keep in mind I am a noob and maybe there is a place to install each one on mobo but I dont remember seeing one, and I just went through my mobo manual and only place listed for fan is where the cpu fan is connected.

Or maybe case fans aren't meant to be plugged into the mobo? Idk.

tgznyc

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
So I guess I can just plug them all into the psu, and leave the cable that is there to hook up to the mobo out? I guess they all have the mobo cable in case you want to use it as a pcu/hs fan?