December 6, 2009 7:11:30 AM

hi guyz
i have some doubts about my ram voltage

i have the corsair xms3 ddr3 1333mhz 6gb rams

at the moment i'm running them at dram frequency 1364mhz with 1.60 voltage

here is the stock voltage

http://it.tinypic.com/r/6f60yf/6

is it safe to run at that voltage?

i've installled the corsair airflow fans..

More about : dram voltage

a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2009 12:53:20 PM

Do they not work correctly at the stock voltage? If this is an i7 platform, it is very touchy about overvolting memory, you could damage your processor. You should not overvolt unless you need to, but I think 1.6 is fine, don't go over that though.
December 6, 2009 1:39:30 PM

jitpublisher said:
Do they not work correctly at the stock voltage? If this is an i7 platform, it is very touchy about overvolting memory, you could damage your processor. You should not overvolt unless you need to, but I think 1.6 is fine, don't go over that though.

my processor is q9550 running at 3.6ghz
i havnt try to go to stock voltage.

when the first time i oc this system
i've reach 2.10 voltage on my rams..
hehe

Related resources
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2009 3:19:21 PM

Your fine if its a C2D or C2Q platform.

It may damage your ram in the long run, but you can definetly go above 1.6 without doing any damage. LOL
December 7, 2009 8:27:25 AM

overshocked said:
Your fine if its a C2D or C2Q platform.

It may damage your ram in the long run, but you can definetly go above 1.6 without doing any damage. LOL

what do u mean ''in the long run''?

a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2009 1:48:23 PM

Semiconductors are guaranteed/Designed to work +/- 10% VDD, DRAMS included. When i OC my board i keep my DRAM within VDDMAX (110% VDD) or 10% higher than what is the recommended voltage on the product.

Your memory module is tested at 1.5V. It's perfectly safe to OV your module to 1.65V. At this VDD setting no long term degradation is expected or else you have BAD MEMORY & BRAND.

Your memory should work with Stock Voltage rating. If it does not then something is wrong with your module or the actual voltage on the CPU & DRAM. Take note that i-series intel CPU's have built in DRAM-controller.

There has been issues related to sockets on P55. Poor connection between the BUS-lines (ADD/DATA/CNTL) the CPU and DRAM can compromise the data transfer. This can be part of the issue.

Also take note that when you OV your CPU it is recommended to do the same with the DRAM. This is to make sure that the VOL/VOH \ VIH/VIL between the CPU and the DRAM are in sync. This applies for CPU with integrated memory controller.
December 7, 2009 5:19:48 PM

leon2006 said:
Semiconductors are guaranteed/Designed to worpk +/- 10% VDD, DRAMS included. When i OC my board i keep my DRAM within VDDMAX (110% VDD) or 10% higher than what is the recommended voltage on the product.

Your memory module is tested at 1.5V. It's perfectly safe to OV your module to 1.65V. At this VDD setting no long term degradation is expected or else you have BAD MEMORY & BRAND.

Your memory should work with Stock Voltage rating. If it does not then something is wrong with your module or the actual voltage on the CPU & DRAM. Take note that i-series intel CPU's have built in DRAM-controller.

There has been issues related to sockets on P55. Poor connection between the BUS-lines (ADD/DATA/CNTL) the CPU and DRAM can compromise the data transfer. This can be part of the issue.

Also take note that when you OV your CPU it is recommended to do the same with the DRAM. This is to make sure that the VOL/VOH \ VIH/VIL between the CPU and the DRAM are in sync. This applies for CPU with integrated memory controller.

ok thanks
but i'm not a ''HARDCORE OVERCLOCKER?? TO DO SOMETHING like ov my cpu..

i'm perfectly stable at 3.6ghz with 1.28 vcore

i have only sme doubts about my ram voltages.

thnks a lot
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2009 5:30:36 PM

Your 1.6V DRAM voltage would be fine....

To check your memory further you can run memtest86 on your machine at night...

To check your CPU/motherboard/Memory you can run prim95.

December 7, 2009 5:37:55 PM

leon2006 said:
Your 1.6V DRAM voltage would be fine....

To check your memory further you can run memtest86 on your machine at night...

To check your CPU/motherboard/Memory you can run prim95.

i used this to check my rams
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

and i also prime it when i first oc this rig

7 hours stable..
7 hours is enough for me..lol

i'd run many benchmark in this past few days and there were no problems
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2009 5:49:18 PM

You are good to go then.
December 7, 2009 6:19:26 PM

leon2006 said:
You are good to go then.

thank you

well other question

my actual ram timings are 8-7-7-15 running at 1364mhz

with fsb:ram ratio 5:8

should i lower the dram frequency to achieve more performance and get at leat 2:3 ratio?

or i'm pretty good at this freq?
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2009 7:32:49 PM

I suggest you enjoy your machine and tweak later as you get familiar in OC/OV procedures. Read the OC guideline for CPU/Memory in this site. It will help you a lot.
!