Sign in with
Your question

New System stuttering with q9550

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 1, 2008 5:54:59 AM

So i just went out and bought new parts, which include a q9550, 4 gigs of ram, and a gtx260. Once i installed everything i noticed that my system would begin to stutter, like my mouse would randomly lag and stutter as well and it seems slower than my old e6550 system. So i was wondering what this could mean and how i could possibly fix it. I also have a Gigabyte EP45 DS3R and a 160gig sata harddrive. Ive heard from some people that it could be a driver issue, but i installed all the latest drivers. So does anyone have any idea whats happening? I also have windows xp sp3
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2008 6:29:17 AM

what kind of PSU? you might not be getting enough juice. thats the only thing i can think of besides the drivers.
December 1, 2008 6:45:54 AM

Run a benchmark to check if it is actually too slow. Run something to check your memory. Interference with your mouse wireless signal can cause its movement to stutter. Overheating is also a possibility.
Related resources
December 1, 2008 7:25:53 AM

Was this a new build, or upgrade to your system? If the latter, did you COMPLETELY remove old video driver? What PSU, make/model? Run HDTune and post the result.

Mike.
December 1, 2008 9:31:46 PM

It was an upgrade

i have an antec trio 650watt psu, which is also new and running great.

I got a 15600 on 3dmark and my system wont let me download HDtune
December 1, 2008 11:23:25 PM

Id do a fresh install. With any upgrade that big i always recommend it.
December 2, 2008 2:59:35 AM

So ive decided that im going to buy Vista and just reinstall everything because i have realized that there are some drivers i forgot to uninstall, like motherboard drivers. And also, my computer just needs a good solid clean.
December 2, 2008 7:20:40 AM

Quote:
and my system wont let me download HDtune

:o  ?? What error message? Have you run Memtest86? Are you monitoring temps of CPU and GPU? Try Speedfan.

Mike.
!