How to get BITS started?

February 10, 2011 3:59:51 AM

XP Pro, SP1 - 3 am unable to start Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
I receive service-specific error code -2147467243.
Does anyone know what this code means and/or how to get BITS started? Auto
update is started as is RPC Locator.
Thanks for any assistance.

Subin AV

More about : bits started

February 10, 2011 4:01:59 AM

XP Pro, SP1 - I am unable to start Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
I receive service-specific error code -2147467243.
Does anyone know what this code means and/or how to get BITS started? Auto
update is started as is RPC Locator.
Thanks for any assistance.
February 10, 2011 4:32:05 AM

This next topics has been merged by Buwish
  • Error code - 2147467243
    February 10, 2011 1:51:16 PM

    You can try running the system file checker. Open a command prompt and type in "sfc /scannow" without the quotes and hit the enter key.
    !