I am trying to load the XP drivers for my Visioneer 8820 scanner. I keep
getting the following message: "You do not have access to make the required
system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an
administrators account."

I get this even when I start up Windows XP Home in safe mode and log in
usuing the adminsitrator's account. No other programs give me this error
message when I loaded them. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi,

While in Safe mode, check the permissions on the \windows and \system32
folders. Make sure your user account, and the administrator account, has
read, change, and execute permissions.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/