"you do not have access" message

I am trying to load the XP drivers for my Visioneer 8820 scanner. I keep
getting the following message: "You do not have access to make the required
system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an
administrators account."

I get this even when I start up Windows XP Home in safe mode and log in
usuing the adminsitrator's account. No other programs give me this error
message when I loaded them. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about access message

    Hi,

    While in Safe mode, check the permissions on the \windows and \system32
    folders. Make sure your user account, and the administrator account, has
    read, change, and execute permissions.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Bikerdup" <Bikerdup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to load the XP drivers for my Visioneer 8820 scanner. I keep
    > getting the following message: "You do not have access to make the
    > required
    > system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an
    > administrators account."
    >
    > I get this even when I start up Windows XP Home in safe mode and log in
    > usuing the adminsitrator's account. No other programs give me this error
    > message when I loaded them. Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks!

Windows XP