Sign in with
Your question

Water cooling

Last response: in Overclocking
December 6, 2009 3:11:15 PM

Hi all

im new to the forum and its my 1st post but not new to PC's, i was wondering if i could get some advice from you all.

im looking for water cooling for my pc and i was wondering which set up to get, external is my prefered option and i was looking at the zalman resorator 1 version 2, or i was looking at an already set up water cooling case with everything inside.

Zalman LQ1000 Z-Machine Liquid Cooled or Thermaltake Armor LCS, Silver

im running the following set up.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 3.2GHz, AM3
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4, AMD 790X
ATI 4870 1GB, PCI-E 2.0, 1024MB GDDR5 (i have 2 of these running in crossfire mode)
Mushkin XP2-8500 2x2GB, DDR2-1066

im wanting the full monty for everything but on a medium budget.

any advice would be really good and maybe whats the best out there for the money paid.

thanks all

More about : water cooling

a c 86 K Overclocking
December 6, 2009 6:39:50 PM

Please don't buy TT or a Zalman. I'll link you to real watercooling. Take a read, read up on forums where watercooling is real and not cheap junk.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253958-29-watercoolin...

In fact asking a question like that in this forum and not taking the time to see if anything already posted would help.............

a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2009 11:39:22 PM

^@OP: Listen to Comumdrum. The Thermaltake/Zalman WCing kits are cr@p. If you want REAL top of the line WCing, it's going to cost you $200 or so. Go with a cheaper case and incest the money in a good WCing set up.
Related resources
December 6, 2009 11:48:22 PM

conundrum is correct :) 
December 7, 2009 7:39:54 PM

Conumdrum's guide is the first place to look when considering water cooling. Everyone needs to read it first before asking any questions, because there are a ton of answers in there. I built my first rig based off of his guide and I'm happy to say I've had no issues with it.
a c 328 K Overclocking
December 9, 2009 1:47:44 PM

...beating my head against a concrete wall...
!