Foxconn 915PL7AE-8S No Video or POST.

amoeller

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
I just bought a Foxconn 915PL7AE-8S motherboard brand new opened today and when I went to turn it on there was no video on the screen, beeps, or any sort of successful post. I thought I could be a compatibility problem because of the new cpu or memory. The cpu I used in it is a E1200 Celeron D 800 FSB and the ram is Corsair DDR 333 512MB. I also thought it could be the video card. This is one of the rare mobos with both AGP and PCI Ex x16, and I originally used an AGP 8x Geforce 6800 XT 256MB but later tried some older regular PCI video cards still no success. Even tried a PCI Ex from my other PC and no luck. After messing with it for a few hours I realized that the system acted the same with or without the E1200 cpu in it and now I think I'm going to have to buy a new processor because the manual recommends a Pentium 4 LGA 775 2.8 or 3.0 or 3.4 Ghz cpus. I thought before I buy anything else to ask.

Thanks in advanced!

gdh

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
I recently purchased the same Foxconn board and am having the same problem--no POST. Thought it might have been an incompatible cpu (Celeron D 3.2 Ghz) but not sure. Tried different power supply--same problem. Tried taking things out one by one just to see if I got any thing. Nothing. I'm starting to think it's the mobo. Have you got yours to do anything? ANy hints? I'm afraid to try buying another CPU just to find out it's a bad board.

amoeller

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
It was the CPU. I bought a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz LGA775 one and works great. I sold the other incompatible CPU and bought this one. The Pentium 4 I bought was only $30 on eBay but I did have to buy the fan for it but that was only $8.

mm16016

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009

Hi,

Did you try high density RAM on this motherboard?

gdh

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Sorry--should have responded sooner. It must have been CPU. Purchased a used Pentium 4 (2.8 I think) and it posts just fine. Thanks for your thoughts though.

altan215

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
what video cards are you guys currently using? anyone using a card that isn't listed on the qualified vendors list?

thinking about getting this board, but wanted to know if anyone has any information on using other cards than listed on QVL. what video cards are you using and what slot? agp pcie16?