wizdum

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Hey Guys,

I am getting ready to build a new pc. (Would have posted in mew pc builds, But my problem is with motherboard) It will be primarily for gaming. I chose the Core 2 Quad Q9550 for new games in the next year or 2. I was getting ready to order my mobo & cpu combo, When I read review of motherboard having major issues with fsb ect. It came with the Biostar GF7050V-M7.

So now I am looking at just buying them separate. My main concern is finding one that will utilize the Q9550. I already have a GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1gb video card that I bought on black friday. And have been sitting on it till I got my Christmas money to build new pc. I don't plan on SLI so one pci-e slot would be fine.

Other PC stuff I will be using
630watt PSU
4 gigs (2 sticks)PC2-6400 / 800MHz DDR2
Western Digital 500GB SATA II
Samsung SH-S202N dvd burner

I have a price range of about $85 for motherboard. So just looking for a solid reliable board to suit my needs. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Any P45 Mobo from ASUS, Gigabyte, or DFI will be good. From what I remember though DFI might not have anything under $85 but I could be wrong. I think MSI is ok too but I don't have any experience with that brand.

Sorry to be the guy that recommends something over your budget but $85 is just a hair on the cheap side for a mobo. If you can bump it up to $120 you could get a lot better product that will OC your CPU quite well. I have a Gigabyte bias so something like this I think would give your system a lot more potential if you ever wanted to OC your CPU down the road (and the Q9550 is great and easy to OC even with the stock cooler).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358