cpu / core temps way off

G

Hey guys,

I've been having a problem with my notebook since I bought it in September. Basically as this shows, the CPU temp is WAY above the core temps, with the nice little trick that the fan of course spins quite quickly, noisily, heavily and... well, never stops as the CPU temp never drops :heink: ... not even after a whole night.

Now a few things:

-Running vista 64, had the same problem on 32.
-Notebook is on a laptop cooling pad, no airflow problems.
-Furthering that, yes, vents are dust-free.
-Every driver and whatever else up to date.
-Using power plans does not help. I'm using a "normal "one when playing games and a low cpu / gpu one when doing whatever else, yet the CPU temp as shown will just... not drop. Not ever, not even after a whole night, tried it. It stays "stuck".
-Speedfan and the like do nothing, this is an Acer notebook and no third party software can adjust the fan speed.
-I do have the acer epower thing, no fan controls in there. Nothing that can help actually.
-have I forgotten anything? possibly, will edit as suggestions (hopefully) come up.
-Ah yes, bios is up to date.

Basic idea is I've literally ran out of hope to solve this. I've tried anything and everything I may know about this problem and ... I need help!
Just in case it's still not clear, here is exactly what happens:

Fan / notebook temps will all be fine when doing anything but 3D intensive stuff. Play a game for a while and temp rises, fan spins up. Quite normal, yep.
Stop playing, leave the laptop on for a whole night, even put the "low cpu / gpu" power plan on... Temp of the CPU will remain at +70° , core ones will be around 35. Fan will have been on at full speed all night (very noisy, too).

Only way to get around this is to turn off the laptop, then on again. Not very practical.

Please, anyone, ideas? Is something wrong with vista / the hardware, or am I missing something?

Notebook:

Acer aspire 5920G
Core 2 Duo T5750 @ 2Ghz
4 GB DDR2
ATI Radeon HD 3650