IP 35 pro no video

jduez7

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
So here it goes; i was playing gta iv about to cap a mofo my screen goes blank and the game sound went weird. So i shut the comp off tuned it back on and to my surprise no pictue no nothing.
Motherboard showed a blinking 2A then went to a 7f then nothing. so i hit f1, then it went to ff but no picture. i cleared cmos over and over again. nothing. then i held the insert key while i restarted. nothing. i swithed out video cards and did a little dance and took out the battery. then miraculously bios screen showed up and said there was a checksum error f1 to continue.

im just wondering what caused this and if it might mean that i may need a new mobo in the future.

heres what i got

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS
vista 64 ultimate sp1
abit ip35 pro
bios 17
evga 8800gt
corsair 550 vx
Crucial Ballistix 2GB pc2 6400
e6750 c2d
wd 320 gb hdd
zalman 9500 at

was overclocked at 400 mhz and i think vcore set to 1.31 i think
i dont remember what the ram was set to.
i got everything default now for the time being

thanks for any help

My AB9-Pro was set to look for a pci video card before looking for a pci-e card. Because of this it would sometimes boot with video and other times w/o it. check your bios for that setting and make sure pci-e is set first.

jduez7

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
yeah well i booted into the state that system was at for two weeks. and its weird how suddenly it takes a ****. my theory is that its a board issue confronted by an unstable overclock which by no means im an expert at.