Sign in with
Your question

AMD/Nvidia Motherboard choice

Last response: in Motherboards
January 3, 2009 1:08:40 PM

Okay, I am deciding on parts for my new system. I have decided on AMD Athlon 64 x2 5400 Black Edition, basically because I am a cheap bastage. Okay, I also like the unlocked overclocking ability... Anyway, I will go with 2gb 1066 DDR2, probably Patriot. I am trying to decide on a motherboard. My preference is for a Geforce 8200 board which could eventually use HybridSLI. My graphics needs are not excessive. Zuma is about the roughest game I play. Any suggestions? Also, what graphics card should I plan to add when I do? Any other suggestions. Thanks.
January 3, 2009 1:19:22 PM

if zuma is the most intense game you play, then you don't even need a video card. the geforce 8200 would be enough.
January 3, 2009 3:30:06 PM

Well, yeah, that's kinda what I thought too. But eventually, I want the ability to add a card if my tastes evolve. Plus there is always the possible DVD/Blue ray requirements to consider. And what board to use is still the question. But thanks for your input. anyone else wanna jump in here?
January 3, 2009 11:39:12 PM

The Biostar TF8200 A2+ has come highly recommended in for this application. Anyone have any opinions?
!