Advise on CPU

d_fusion

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I need advise for my cpu. Switch on cpu & monitor but there's no display on my monitor. The monitor keep saying going to sleep. I don't know what's wrong. Tried my monitor with my laptop & it's working. I guess the problem lies with my cpu. How can I diagnose which component in the cpu is faulty?

Could be anything from a video card loose in it's socket to a bust power supply to a fried CPU to bust RAM etc etc.

You'll need to give some more information - Is there any indication the PC has power (does it's power light some on)? Do the drives spin up when the PC is turned on (you should be able to hear them)? Are there any beeps? Have you changed anything on the config recently?

rockgirl26

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
that happened to me, and ended up just having to press the sleep key on my keyboard and the monitor came right on..

spongebob

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
A cpu is a 1" x 1" chip that goes on your motherboard. Its a component of your pc, theres no components on your cpu.
I think you mean you need advice on your pc. lol.
Your interpretation of the term is generally accepted as the correct definition, but old school documentation used to refer to the CPU as being the case and everything in it. Also, as I understand it, people with mainframe experience have a similar take on the term.

Research before you criticize.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
First thing i would do it disconnect power from the "cpu" all together... leave it off for a few minutes, plug the power back in and turn it on.

Still nothing?