After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
contemplating getting JTL.

Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
only keyboard and mouse?

--
Mvh. Stefan
For at e-maile udskift "spamfilter" med mit fornavn.

"Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
> After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
> contemplating getting JTL.
>
> Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
> of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
> only keyboard and mouse?

Hard. Tried it on beta and gave up. Got my self a £15 joystick and it is
much better

I use a USB game controller, Nice, but My left thumb gets tired after some
time in space. I wish I could remap the buttons, as only two work, fire and
boost. When XvT simulator was out I had remapped my buttons to do very
useful things. Does anyone know how to remap te buttons?
"David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message

> "Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
>> After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
>> contemplating getting JTL.
>>
>> Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
>> of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
>> only keyboard and mouse?
>>
> Hard. Tried it on beta and gave up. Got my self a £15 joystick and it
> is much better

Sartori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2003

"Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
> After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
> contemplating getting JTL.
>
> Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
> of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
> only keyboard and mouse?

I fly fairly well with a mouse and keyboard. Moving and fighting are easy
when you get used to the controls.

"Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
> After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
> contemplating getting JTL.
>
> Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
> of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
> only keyboard and mouse?

I got a nice joystick to play with, but I went back to the mouse and
keyboard. My aiming precision is better with a mouse.

in the options, same place you'd remap the keyboard, has to be done in-flight
though

"Gerry Wolburg" <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote in message
:I use a USB game controller, Nice, but My left thumb gets tired after some
: time in space. I wish I could remap the buttons, as only two work, fire and
: boost. When XvT simulator was out I had remapped my buttons to do very
: useful things. Does anyone know how to remap te buttons?
: "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
: news:41a0e04c$0$18462$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
: >
: > "Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
: > news:c081q0t320k83u16r1mqhiuunc6d8c10q8@4ax.com...
: >> After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
: >> contemplating getting JTL.
: >>
: >> Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
: >> of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
: >> only keyboard and mouse?
: >>
: > Hard. Tried it on beta and gave up. Got my self a £15 joystick and it
: > is much better
: >
:
:

"Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
> After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
> contemplating getting JTL.
>
> Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
> of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
> only keyboard and mouse?

Simple as any other game with just the keyboard and mouse for me. No
problems at all.

Set the deadzone out some and it won't be twitchy, then it isn't really an
issue.

--
Obitrotzu Ossko
Teras Kasi Master