JTL without joystick

After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
contemplating getting JTL.

Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
only keyboard and mouse?

--
Mvh. Stefan
For at e-maile udskift "spamfilter" med mit fornavn.

    "Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
    > After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
    > contemplating getting JTL.
    >
    > Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
    > of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
    > only keyboard and mouse?

    Hard. Tried it on beta and gave up. Got my self a £15 joystick and it is
    much better
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I use a USB game controller, Nice, but My left thumb gets tired after some
    time in space. I wish I could remap the buttons, as only two work, fire and
    boost. When XvT simulator was out I had remapped my buttons to do very
    useful things. Does anyone know how to remap te buttons?
    "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message

    > "Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
    >> After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
    >> contemplating getting JTL.
    >>
    >> Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
    >> of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
    >> only keyboard and mouse?
    >>
    > Hard. Tried it on beta and gave up. Got my self a £15 joystick and it
    > is much better

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
    > After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
    > contemplating getting JTL.
    >
    > Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
    > of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
    > only keyboard and mouse?

    I fly fairly well with a mouse and keyboard. Moving and fighting are easy
    when you get used to the controls.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
    > After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
    > contemplating getting JTL.
    >
    > Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
    > of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
    > only keyboard and mouse?

    I got a nice joystick to play with, but I went back to the mouse and
    keyboard. My aiming precision is better with a mouse.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    in the options, same place you'd remap the keyboard, has to be done in-flight
    though

    "Gerry Wolburg" <Wolburg@comcast.net> wrote in message
    :I use a USB game controller, Nice, but My left thumb gets tired after some
    : time in space. I wish I could remap the buttons, as only two work, fire and
    : boost. When XvT simulator was out I had remapped my buttons to do very
    : useful things. Does anyone know how to remap te buttons?
    : "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
    : news:41a0e04c$0$18462$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
    : >
    : > "Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
    : > news:c081q0t320k83u16r1mqhiuunc6d8c10q8@4ax.com...
    : >> After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
    : >> contemplating getting JTL.
    : >>
    : >> Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
    : >> of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
    : >> only keyboard and mouse?
    : >>
    : > Hard. Tried it on beta and gave up. Got my self a £15 joystick and it
    : > is much better
    : >
    :
    :
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
    > After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
    > contemplating getting JTL.
    >
    > Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
    > of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
    > only keyboard and mouse?

    Simple as any other game with just the keyboard and mouse for me. No
    problems at all.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Set the deadzone out some and it won't be twitchy, then it isn't really an
    issue.

    --
    Obitrotzu Ossko
    Teras Kasi Master

    "Diaboyos" <Diaboyos@AAFA.net> wrote in message

    > "Stefan Bruhn" <spamfilter@ghashul.dk> wrote in message
    >> After a break playing Galaxies I've just started up again, and am
    >> contemplating getting JTL.
    >>
    >> Only problem I can think of is that I don't have a joystick. For those
    >> of you who don't have one either, how is it like flying the ships with
    >> only keyboard and mouse?
    >

    > Simple as any other game with just the keyboard and mouse for me. No
    > problems at all.

Joystick Games Video Games