How do I format (or erase?) cd's that have info on them using XP? The help
screens do not seem to cover this. My cmputer has a dvd-rom and a dvd/cd
writer.

You can only erase a CD-R/W disc. Pop the CD-R/W into the drive and click to
open. Then select Erase. You can't erase individual files.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"will k" <willk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I format (or erase?) cd's that have info on them using XP? The
help
> screens do not seem to cover this. My cmputer has a dvd-rom and a dvd/cd
> writer.

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

"will k" <willk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I format (or erase?) cd's that have info on them using XP? The
> help
> screens do not seem to cover this. My cmputer has a dvd-rom and a dvd/cd
> writer.

You must have not looked to hard in Help and Support. Click Start, Help and
Support, enter "erase cd" in the search box and you will be given a step by
step process.

Jim

"will k" <willk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I format (or erase?) cd's that have info on them using XP? The
> help
> screens do not seem to cover this. My cmputer has a dvd-rom and a dvd/cd
> writer.
You can only erase an RW device. You use the Drag-to-Disk utility to erase
RW disks (using EasyCD Creator).
Jim