Sign in with
Your question

crysis AA problem(how to hack it?)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 7, 2008 12:16:01 AM

Hello everyone..
I have problem with antialiasing in crisis.my gpu was 1650xt before, n I played crisis in res 1024x768 with no aa. So I didn’t recognize the radeon’s habit when using AA in crisis. The problem come when I turned my GPU into a 4870, then set res to 1650x1050 with AA.i really could’t see any improvement when activating AA compared to no AA. later, I heard some people say that they could sweep the nvidia AA profile, n change it to radeon profile.
So everyone, anyone of you know how to do such a thing, please help me for my trouble.
Thanks

More about : crysis problem hack

October 7, 2008 11:48:36 AM

Im not 100% sure what you are saying, are you saying that you think the AA isnt working ?
You wont notice it as much at 1650x1050 anyway, You are using the in game console controls to turn on the AA ?
Im not 100% with Crysis but with some games you can set the AA in the CCC and the game will over rule the settings,
it will do it anyway if the aplication preferance box is ticked under the 3dD settings.
And for the record I have played @ 1024x768 with 2x AA on an Athalon 64 3000+ with 1 Gig of ram and a X1650XT and could definatly see the differance.

Mactronix

October 12, 2008 2:44:11 AM

i mean the jungle still looks jaggy and boxy.i tried to use 8xAA,and the strange boxes become smaller, but it still jaggy.looks like the problem was the adaptive antialiasing.

Related resources
October 12, 2008 3:44:40 AM

Are you using the AA settings through CCC? I cranked them up to 8x and I notice no frame rate change at all...not to mention no graphic improvements either. If I use the in game AA settings, then there is a noticeable improvement to the image (trees in particular) and a frame rate drop. That is pretty good evidence for me to believe CCC cannot control the AA with Crysis.

I think Mactronix is right though. It seems like Crysis overrules the AA settings in CCC even if you have it to use the CCC settings rather than the application settings. I haven't looked into it at all...there could be a fix or a trick but I just use the AA settings in Crysis and call it good.
October 12, 2008 4:27:10 AM

i think that AA trick was just to make nvidia cards use the same AA as ATI so it would be a even benchmark

nvidia use a less demanding AA settings, so ppl that wanted to compare like for like could, thats where the trick came in, if there's a different trick i dont know about it
October 12, 2008 7:03:51 PM

I think the best thing you can do is get into the CCC and check through all the options there are now you have a 4870. It works a lot differantly to how the old X1650XT did you have tent filters wide and narrow bow filters and numerace options as to how its applied. Super sampling, Multi sampling, Edge detect.......

This may help http://www.beyond3d.com/content/reviews/47

Mactronix
October 12, 2008 7:21:29 PM

I think the best thing you can do is get into the CCC and check through all the options there are now you have a 4870. It works a lot differently to how the old X1650XT did you have tent filters wide and narrow box filters and various options as to how its applied. Super sampling, Multi sampling, Edge detect.......

This may help http://www.beyond3d.com/content/reviews/47

Mactronix
!