My second hard drive disappeared if I reboot it shows again

imfrmars

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Hi

A few days ago I went to use Quicken. The data files open on my second hard drive AKA my back up drive. I could only open a non working Quicken file so I checked under my computer and the G drive wasn't showing. I restarted my computer and it was back. Fast forward a few days and the same thing happened. The first time I rebooted the G drive also wasn't showing but it did on the third attempt. Why is this happening? I only care about my Quicken files, I have off site back up so the 2nd hard drive is really no longer needed except for Quicken!

Thanks!!

Jo

imfrmars

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
HI I had my computer repair guys out, the harddrive is dying, thankfully it's the back up drive only so not critical because I have been backing up off site for years. I did need one file and it was moved to my C drive. Thanks

imfrmars

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011

Hi I had my computer techs out, the hard drive is trying to die. He moved what I needed to my other drive, thankfully the dying one is just for back up and I also now use Iron Mountain for back up so the drive is no longer needed. I bought this computer in 2002 and so am replacing it shortly, thanks for your help