Hi all hope u are fine :) well as many of u know,i am going to buy a new rig so i need help,my main task is PhotoShop and gaming.

CPU:Intel Core2Quad Q6600 B3 stepping(i dont think G0 is available)
Motherboard:ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA X38
GPU :Sapphire HD 4870X2
RAM: OCZ 4GB REAPERX DDR2 800 RAM with 4-4-3-15 timings
HDD:500GB SEAGATE 7200RPM 32MB
PSU: OCZ MODXSTREAM 900W which provides 80A on 12v rails.
CASE:ThermaTake ARMOR SILVER ALUMINIUM
KEYBOARD:LOGITECH G11
SPEAKER:LOGITECH X530
MONITOR:LG W2284F Monitor with 1680x1050 resolution and 30000:1 contrast and 2ms response time.

1_So what do u think about this system? any recommendations?

2_Also i need a CPU cooler too for under $50 and i dont want anything noisy,i was looking @ OCZ VENDETTA but its noisy.
Brands like OCZ,THERMALTAKE and COOLERMASTER are availabe here.

thanks alot for taking time and reading :)

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Look into the Noctua NH-U12P (~$50) it keeps my 9850BE (heat monster 125w) nice and cool, or a little noisier is the Zerotherm Nirvana.

I'm sure you know that PSU is overkill for your needs. It certainly allows for growth though, and adding a second GPU later if you want it. If your selection is limited, I can see why it would be a better choice than a 600W PSU, even another OCZ.
What are the timings of that RAM at 1.8V? If it isn't stable at 1.8V, get some that is. Is Mushkin RAM available there?

Thanks for the replies,well the RAM that i choosed has 2.1 voltage,i know lower voltage is better but for OC'ng its recommended to set it @ 2.0+ and i had OCZ REAPER before and it had 4-4-415 timings with 2.1 voltages and it OC'd pretty well.

For PSU,i always get something like this because i really dont want to upgrade it later soon :)

and BTW,for CPU coolers,as i said brands like OCZ,THERMALTAKE and COOLERMASTER are available here,my only concern with not going towards the OCZ Vendetta is its noisy,otherwise it has a good performance and its not very expensive.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Stuff all looks good! I have those same speakers and I like them :) (Then again I have a sound card), but I don't really have anything else to suggest to that build, except have fun with it!

On another note about the CPU cooler, even though I don't mind noise that much, I'm pretty certain that it'll be mixed with all the fan noise already going on in your big case. Anyway, from what I can see on the Vindicator you can change the fan to another 120mm fan, so you can just order a Noctua or Scythe S-flex fan apart.

The system looks good. While a 900 watt psu seems high, it is still a good wattage(700-800 may be slightly better, but you have lots of overhead) for good efficiency.

Have you used a G11? Just a heads up, it may take some time to get used to the extra keys being there, I was always hitting the macro keys when I wanted escape on my G15.

All in all it looks good.

What OS are you going to use?

thanks alot for the replies :)

to nuke:
Well i havent used G11 but i will get used to it i think :D because according to the reviews that i have read it seems to be an excellent keybaord and has backlighting too which is useful.
And the OS will be XP 32bit.

to emp: About CPU cooler,well the OCZ Vindicator is in my sisters rig and i cant take it from there because she will have classes soon and needs the PC.
The only problem that Vendetta has is its noise problem and i think it wont hurt much as u said,so shall i go for it ?

thanks again :)