Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

SoE Destroys Bria Gallaxy

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 22, 2004 12:08:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

In an effort to quash the evil rebellion on Bria, the Empire has
banned the entire Gallaxy. An un-named source at SoE informed us
people were expoiting the Jedi system by using the highly illegal
action of fighting each other and then logging out. "We cant have
people logging out whenever they want ". Experts agree that logging
out is a horrid exploit and one that had to end asap by any means that
turned them on. Although we will miss the Bria gallaxy Im sure that
everyone will agree it was for the best, or else....

The opposition was unavailible for comment since they are not allowed
to comment.

More about : soe destroys bria gallaxy

Anonymous
November 22, 2004 10:05:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

Reply to message from Ringo <Ringo@noon.com> (Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:08:26)
about "SoE Destroys Bria Gallaxy":

This is BS. They weren't banned cuz of logging out, they were banned for
killing each other over and over again to climb faster in the FRS. So
better not blame SOE for banning them. Instead blame those that were dumb
enough to feel the need to start cheating with a character that is more
powerfull than any other character in the game (kinda). Especially dumb
was, that a few of these people were doing the bh-killing as well. So
better blame those. Although i must say to ban them is kinda too hard, but
it's SOE's game...you accept the rules EVERYTIME you log in...

Dirk


R> In an effort to quash the evil rebellion on Bria, the Empire has banned
R> the entire Gallaxy. An un-named source at SoE informed us people were
R> expoiting the Jedi system by using the highly illegal action of
R> fighting each other and then logging out. "We cant have people logging
R> out whenever they want ". Experts agree that logging out is a horrid
R> exploit and one that had to end asap by any means that turned them on.
R> Although we will miss the Bria gallaxy Im sure that everyone will agree
R> it was for the best, or else....

R> The opposition was unavailible for comment since they are not allowed
R> to comment.





Bye
Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:28:06 +0200

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8
November 22, 2004 10:05:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:05:57 +0200, Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de>
wrote:

>Reply to message from Ringo <Ringo@noon.com> (Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:08:26)
>about "SoE Destroys Bria Gallaxy":
>
>This is BS. They weren't banned cuz of logging out, they were banned for
>killing each other over and over again to climb faster in the FRS. So
>better not blame SOE for banning them. Instead blame those that were dumb
>enough to feel the need to start cheating with a character that is more
>powerfull than any other character in the game (kinda). Especially dumb
>was, that a few of these people were doing the bh-killing as well. So
>better blame those. Although i must say to ban them is kinda too hard, but
>it's SOE's game...you accept the rules EVERYTIME you log in...
>
>Dirk
>
>
> R> In an effort to quash the evil rebellion on Bria, the Empire has banned
> R> the entire Gallaxy. An un-named source at SoE informed us people were
> R> expoiting the Jedi system by using the highly illegal action of
> R> fighting each other and then logging out. "We cant have people logging
> R> out whenever they want ". Experts agree that logging out is a horrid
> R> exploit and one that had to end asap by any means that turned them on.
> R> Although we will miss the Bria gallaxy Im sure that everyone will agree
> R> it was for the best, or else....
>
> R> The opposition was unavailible for comment since they are not allowed
> R> to comment.
>
>
>
>
>
>Bye
>Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:28:06 +0200
>
>=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

The offical SoE statement on the issue very clearly stated they were
not banned for fighting each other but for logging out after the fight
to reset the timer so the parties could fight again sooner. So yes
indeed they were banned for logging out. Again no action they took
was an exploit just goes to show how badly SWG is designed and coded.

People were also supposedly banned from the forums for even posting on
this incident. Look it up for yourself.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 23, 2004 8:08:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

Don't worry Ringo,

SOE vs. Players is about to enter round #2.

The official word is, SOE will not talk about "jedi fight club." Ironic.

All but a few players have been unbanned, including the Jedi who supposedly
exploited. A victory us? No. Some people have been unfairly targeted and
banned. Their accounts have not only been locked, but completely deleted
from Bria. The reasons given are based not on Jedi exploiting, but on other
bogus charges that happened 6+ months ago.

-Max

"Ringo" <Ringo@noon.com> wrote in message
news:14v4q0lvt4qnrgq7upcqsmll70a2flv3u5@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:05:57 +0200, Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de>
> wrote:
>
>>Reply to message from Ringo <Ringo@noon.com> (Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:08:26)
>>about "SoE Destroys Bria Gallaxy":
>>
>>This is BS. They weren't banned cuz of logging out, they were banned for
>>killing each other over and over again to climb faster in the FRS. So
>>better not blame SOE for banning them. Instead blame those that were dumb
>>enough to feel the need to start cheating with a character that is more
>>powerfull than any other character in the game (kinda). Especially dumb
>>was, that a few of these people were doing the bh-killing as well. So
>>better blame those. Although i must say to ban them is kinda too hard, but
>>it's SOE's game...you accept the rules EVERYTIME you log in...
>>
>>Dirk
>>
>>
>> R> In an effort to quash the evil rebellion on Bria, the Empire has
>> banned
>> R> the entire Gallaxy. An un-named source at SoE informed us people were
>> R> expoiting the Jedi system by using the highly illegal action of
>> R> fighting each other and then logging out. "We cant have people logging
>> R> out whenever they want ". Experts agree that logging out is a horrid
>> R> exploit and one that had to end asap by any means that turned them on.
>> R> Although we will miss the Bria gallaxy Im sure that everyone will
>> agree
>> R> it was for the best, or else....
>>
>> R> The opposition was unavailible for comment since they are not allowed
>> R> to comment.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Bye
>>Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:28:06 +0200
>>
>>=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8
>
> The offical SoE statement on the issue very clearly stated they were
> not banned for fighting each other but for logging out after the fight
> to reset the timer so the parties could fight again sooner. So yes
> indeed they were banned for logging out. Again no action they took
> was an exploit just goes to show how badly SWG is designed and coded.
>
> People were also supposedly banned from the forums for even posting on
> this incident. Look it up for yourself.
>




----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
November 23, 2004 12:02:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

Reply in-line

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:08:34 -0500, "Max" <nospam@notvalid.com> wrote:

>Don't worry Ringo,
>
>SOE vs. Players is about to enter round #2.
>
>The official word is, SOE will not talk about "jedi fight club." Ironic.
>
>All but a few players have been unbanned, including the Jedi who supposedly
>exploited. A victory us? No. Some people have been unfairly targeted and
>banned. Their accounts have not only been locked, but completely deleted
>from Bria. The reasons given are based not on Jedi exploiting, but on other
>bogus charges that happened 6+ months ago.
>
>-Max

As much as I hate to see players absed by SoE Im not really worried
about this as I gave up all SoE games months ago. Yes I did read that
any one without a previous "offense" was re-instated, but why delete
the accounts? Makes no sense at all unless SoE realized there was a
strong chance those players would be un-banned after review of the
facts.

Ahh well time to go pick up my copy of WoW,
>
>"Ringo" <Ringo@noon.com> wrote in message
>news:14v4q0lvt4qnrgq7upcqsmll70a2flv3u5@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:05:57 +0200, Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Reply to message from Ringo <Ringo@noon.com> (Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:08:26)
>>>about "SoE Destroys Bria Gallaxy":
>>>
>>>This is BS. They weren't banned cuz of logging out, they were banned for
>>>killing each other over and over again to climb faster in the FRS. So
>>>better not blame SOE for banning them. Instead blame those that were dumb
>>>enough to feel the need to start cheating with a character that is more
>>>powerfull than any other character in the game (kinda). Especially dumb
>>>was, that a few of these people were doing the bh-killing as well. So
>>>better blame those. Although i must say to ban them is kinda too hard, but
>>>it's SOE's game...you accept the rules EVERYTIME you log in...
>>>
>>>Dirk
>>>
>>>
>>> R> In an effort to quash the evil rebellion on Bria, the Empire has
>>> banned
>>> R> the entire Gallaxy. An un-named source at SoE informed us people were
>>> R> expoiting the Jedi system by using the highly illegal action of
>>> R> fighting each other and then logging out. "We cant have people logging
>>> R> out whenever they want ". Experts agree that logging out is a horrid
>>> R> exploit and one that had to end asap by any means that turned them on.
>>> R> Although we will miss the Bria gallaxy Im sure that everyone will
>>> agree
>>> R> it was for the best, or else....
>>>
>>> R> The opposition was unavailible for comment since they are not allowed
>>> R> to comment.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Bye
>>>Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:28:06 +0200
>>>
>>>=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8
>>
>> The offical SoE statement on the issue very clearly stated they were
>> not banned for fighting each other but for logging out after the fight
>> to reset the timer so the parties could fight again sooner. So yes
>> indeed they were banned for logging out. Again no action they took
>> was an exploit just goes to show how badly SWG is designed and coded.
>>
>> People were also supposedly banned from the forums for even posting on
>> this incident. Look it up for yourself.
>>
>
>
>
>
>----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
>---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
!