How do i pass access denied websites at public libraries

killer_25

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
hI how do you pass ACCESS DENIED websites. without downloading something. I know there is a button you press to pass through but i don't know what button. If you know how please reply with step by step dteails like when you would press it.

Thank you

JustAGuy51

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
One thing I can think of although there might be other alternative implementations...

All PCs in the library go through web proxy and proxy is the one filtering URLs. Your browser have a setting for proxy server. You need to disable it. Even when you disable it, the library network may have restrictions that only allow PCs to talk to proxy server instead of directly to the router.

Most of the time, Windows in public PCs are severely restricted via registry manipulations that you'll find most functions disabled. The trick is to find something people forgot to disable and re-enable some functions.

JustAGuy51

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
Or if the PC is bootable from CD drive, use Live Linux Distribution (that fits on a CD) like Knoppix, provided that the network is free of physical restrictions.

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
if your going to try using a bootable environment id suggest using a standalone dns server like opendns so you dont have to rely on the libraries router.