How to make your memory and/or processor show higher numbers?

i have a dell 4gb memory and 1.6 processor desktop and i wanted to know if there was anyway for me to change the settings(anything) to make it show it has a more memory and/or processor?
thnx
11 answers Last reply
More about make memory processor show higher numbers
  1. Umm - you could add memory and upgrade the processor?

Short of that, are you asking if there's a way to make the system lie to you about what your system has?
  2. Maybe he means overclocking, but poorly stated.
  3. Ah, good interpretation! If so, that question is probably best asked in the overclocking forum.
  4. True, but its a Dell, so its very likely that overclocking isn't even an option, so short answer to the question, No.
  5. The way it's stated, it sounds like he plans to scam people. I'm sure this is not what he meant, though.
  6. Two thoughts here....

1. It's possible the OP could be trying to scam / lie and is looking for a good way to do it, and possibly explains why s/he has no other posts on TH's.

2. If they're legitimately posting a (poorly worded) question, perhaps s/he is asking how to show all 4GB of RAM (i.e. using 32-bit ver of Windows isn't allowing all 4GB to show up), but still doesn't explain asking about showing higher CPU output....
  7. Yes that's exactly it.
    Please advise?
  8. That's it exactly? Which of the answers is what you're talking about?
  9. lol, another question faced with another question.

@ adoni - read steve9207's question and choose an option - 1 or 2?
  10. @dougx1317 it is not a scam, i'm not selling it to anyone. Please give advise guys.
  11. So, are you having a problem like steve9207 explained in number two? I don't know about anyone else, but I still don't know what you're asking. You may want to rephrase the original question.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Desktops Processors Memory Storage