Sign in with
Your question

Since installing bulldog windows wont boot - goes to blue screen and then just t

Tags:
  • Blue Screen
  • Boot
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
February 11, 2011 5:51:04 PM

I'm wondering if anyone out there could help me. I have recently installed bulldog antivirus after using the trial version and as soon as I did I can no longer boot my pc. It keeps going to a blue screen with lots of technical writing and then tries to re-boot.

I'm not able to use an installation cd as it is a netbook and doesn't have a cd drive.

Please help as I really don't want the expense of having to take the netbook to pc world to repair.

Thanks

More about : installing bulldog windows wont boot blue screen

February 11, 2011 6:25:50 PM

go to safe mode and uninstal the bulldog

restart>press f8 (untill you see boot mode selection) >select "safe mode"

after you get to windows chose to work on the computer>from there go to addin\removing software in the control planel and remove bulldog , after that restart
February 11, 2011 6:32:05 PM

no joy I'm afraid, I'm still getting the blue screen talking about checking if I have any hardware or software recently installed. Netbook then looks to reboot in various modes and if I choose normal it won't load.

At the moment I'm thinking that it might need a manufacturers re-install or something but obviously I don't have a CD drive so can't use a disk or connect to internet in safe mode.

My technical knowledge is limited so really stuck now!

Thanks for your help
Related resources
February 11, 2011 6:50:42 PM

did you done what i told you?

its safe
February 11, 2011 6:51:43 PM

makaveli2007 said:
did you done what i told you?

its safe

no joy I'm afraid, I'm still getting the blue screen talking about checking if I have any hardware or software recently installed. Netbook then looks to reboot in various modes and if I choose normal it won't load.

At the moment I'm thinking that it might need a manufacturers re-install or something but obviously I don't have a CD drive so can't use a disk or connect to internet in safe mode.

My technical knowledge is limited so really stuck now!

Thanks for your help
Related resources
!