Power save on Real Player on Tungsten E?

February 2, 2005 2:52:32 PM

When playing music on my Tungsten E, it seems to power off automatically
after approx 20 mins. This only happens when it's not connected to mains
power. It happens even when the battery is fully charged. There is an
"Auto-powersave after..." setting in RealOne, max. setting 3 minutes, but
that seems to relate to the screen only. "Background play" is enabled.

Is this a feature, or a fault?

Thanks in anticipation,

Dave.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 8:40:34 PM

Dave Hobson napsal(a):
> When playing music on my Tungsten E, it seems to power off automatically
> after approx 20 mins. This only happens when it's not connected to mains
> power. It happens even when the battery is fully charged. There is an
> "Auto-powersave after..." setting in RealOne, max. setting 3 minutes, but
> that seems to relate to the screen only. "Background play" is enabled.
>
> Is this a feature, or a fault?
>
> Thanks in anticipation,
>
> Dave.

That's a problem. On my T3 I have the 30 second setting, Background
play, and 15 minutes security AutoLockUp (Security updated to 5.0). And
although the input locks up after the defined period, the T3 keeps
playing all night long (from a full 1GB SD card)
Mark

--
The last easy day was yesterday.
Anonymous

Marek, thanks for this response. A further development is that, if I leave
the Palm with Real One "on top", it seems to keep going. The "power off"
only happens if I leave it with, say, the home screen displayed. So
although this still seems like a fault, I can live with it by ensuring that
I leave Real One displayed. (I'm not sure I can face dealing with Palm
support after all I've read about it!)

Dave.

"Marek Stanìk" <marekdotstanek@dont.bother.to.spam> wrote in message
> Dave Hobson napsal(a):
> > When playing music on my Tungsten E, it seems to power off automatically
> > after approx 20 mins. This only happens when it's not connected to
mains
> > power. It happens even when the battery is fully charged. There is an
> > "Auto-powersave after..." setting in RealOne, max. setting 3 minutes,
but
> > that seems to relate to the screen only. "Background play" is enabled.
> >
> > Is this a feature, or a fault?
> >
> > Thanks in anticipation,
> >
> > Dave.
>
> That's a problem. On my T3 I have the 30 second setting, Background
> play, and 15 minutes security AutoLockUp (Security updated to 5.0). And
> although the input locks up after the defined period, the T3 keeps
> playing all night long (from a full 1GB SD card)
> Mark
>
> --
> The last easy day was yesterday.
February 3, 2005 2:00:52 PM

Dave Hobson napsal(a):
> Marek, thanks for this response. A further development is that, if I leave
> the Palm with Real One "on top", it seems to keep going. The "power off"
> only happens if I leave it with, say, the home screen displayed. So
> although this still seems like a fault, I can live with it by ensuring that
> I leave Real One displayed. (I'm not sure I can face dealing with Palm
> support after all I've read about it!)

Ooops, looks like I misinformed you. When RealPlay is in background, ie.
I switch to another application or the Launcher, the palm goes off after
the system power-off delay. Only if the running app is the RP, it keeps
going.

Mark

--
The last easy day was yesterday.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 8:46:56 PM

Thanks again for your response - I feel reassured now that I probably don't
have a fault after all...not that it would have kept me awake at night
anyway! :)

!