Changing XP Language Settings from Italian to English

I have just come across a friends computer that he did not want to take back
to Italy with him. I'm reading here that there is no way within the system I
have now to change it...but is there any way other than purchasing a new XP
kit or maybe some cheaper patch that I can get. Please help

chuckw47@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about changing language settings italian english

    Chuck wrote:
    > I have just come across a friends computer that he did not want to take back
    > to Italy with him. I'm reading here that there is no way within the system I
    > have now to change it...but is there any way other than purchasing a new XP
    > kit or maybe some cheaper patch that I can get. Please help
    >
    > chuckw47@yahoo.com
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    You cannot upgrade or convert from one language version of the OS
    to another, so you'll have to purchase and use the full version of
    WinXP (in whatever language you want) to perform a clean installation.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

    After backing up any important data to an external storage device,
    simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
    installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

    HOW TO Install Windows XP

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Hi,

    You can't simply change the installation language. You will need to obtain
    an English version (full), and use it to create a clean installation on the
    system. Or learn to read Italian.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just come across a friends computer that he did not want to take
    >back
    > to Italy with him. I'm reading here that there is no way within the
    > system I
    > have now to change it...but is there any way other than purchasing a new
    > XP
    > kit or maybe some cheaper patch that I can get. Please help
    >
    > chuckw47@yahoo.com
    >
    > Thanks in advance
  3. i have os in italian, i need to convert language in english, with the same os lissensed

    thnx

Computers Microsoft Windows XP