The Koolance Exo 2- need help with it

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Ok so i have enough money to buy a nice water cooling set up, and this one looked perfect:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5231/ex-wat-107/Koolance_Exos-2_LX_External_Water_Cooling_Kit_-_Black_-_no_nozzles_-_EX2-752BK-LX.html

it seems to be very well put together, and Tomshardware recently used it in a review and it seemed pretty good.

What i want to know is, based on my specs (sig, oh ya and i have an AZZA Fantom 900 case), what options should i select ( by this i mean tube size, fluid, and nozzles). Also is there any benefit to having UV fluid? And if anyone has experience with this cooler your impression of it is appreciated.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Let me see if I can help. If you look at the size of the radiator you can see it's only a 120x2 rad. It does come with a pump and a resivour. It is pretty.

That said, you still have to buy a CPU block for it, a good one starts at $50+. So your over $420 already.

You can buy a great 120x3 rad for under $100. A great pump and res for about $100. Ones MUCH better than the Koolance. A great CPU block for about $70. Add in about $40 more for tubing and fans. Your at $310 and have a system MUCH MUCH more capable at cooling. You can keep your temps lower and have quieter fans. And It would be very good quality parts, much better than the questionable Koolance quality.

Please start with the watercooled guide at the top of this forum and read at a MINIMUM the guides. Please, when I say read, absorb and read again, maybe even take a few notes. You'll see no mention of Koolance, Thermaltake, and possibly a few others except STAY AWAY comments.

I did mention Koolance is pretty right? I almost got sucked into one when I first went watercooling. Luckily I was on a few good forums and I figured it out. Don't rush it, read and learn for a while.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

Ok i'll take your word for it, guess its time for me to do some reading