Sign in with
Your question

3 Monitor needed .... wich video card to pick with low cost.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 7, 2008 8:06:00 PM

=================
= Low profile card only =
=================

PCI-E or PCI

Thansk for everything
October 7, 2008 8:16:18 PM

i'd say any of the s3 chrome series.

i think one of the supports up to 4 monitors?
October 7, 2008 8:47:00 PM

You could get pretty much any card and throw on the Matrox triple head to go. http://matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/ or get one of their multi-monitor cards... I think they do up to 16 at the top-end. The dual head worked pretty well for us on one of our laptops to enable dual screens....
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 7, 2008 8:56:05 PM

fujoubou said:

For what?

Quote:
PCI-E or PCI

Definitely PCIe if you have the option, for price, utility and resale.
October 8, 2008 11:05:54 AM

For the use of monitoring servers/networks and other 2 to work connect to others PC and manage help desk and such...
October 8, 2008 2:23:20 PM

well the Matrox fits the price and needs... thanks alot for youre time.
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 8, 2008 3:58:12 PM

Well if your mobo can handle it, then I'd say get two really cheap PCIe cards. Do you already have the MoBo? What is it?

Do you have 2 PEG (Pci Express Graphics) 16X slots or just one, if you only have one PEG slot and then a buch of PCIe 1-4X slots, then get a cheap 16X card and then an similar 1X card (keep them similar for drivers, although in your environment you might almost be ok with the standard M$ display drivers).
It will give you more options than the Matrox (be sure to not the resolution limits), however since I love Matrox (especially their multi-monitor solutions) so if it fits your needs, enjoy!!

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/press/guides/th2go/
!