jamckee

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
I just recently upgraded to GA-EP45-UD3P mobo and I'm having some problems sending audio from the front speaker out to my LG TV. On my old mobo I had a DVI cable and a 3.5mm audio cable connected to my TV which worked perfectly. After my upgrade I did the same setup and I cannot get any sound. When I plug in my computer speakers I do get sound. I've flashed my bios to the latest version and I've installed the latest drivers for my card. Anyone have any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks.

bilbat

Splendid
Ahh.. I've seen this before, and there's an easy fix, but I can'r remember WHERE I've seen it, or What the fix is! Getting old, & have read a few thousand tooo many posts, I guess... It's a 'toggle' somewhere - you have to enable the GPU to 'pass-through' the audio; but, I can't remember if it's in the video or audio driver manager - post your video card make and I'll try to research it later today...

Bill

jamckee

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
My video card is a eVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+. Thanks for your help. By the way a little side note i found out today is that when I unplug the video cable from my tv, the audio works. So that seems odd. It seems like the tv is searching for the audio from the hdmi cable, but the video cable plugged into my computer is a dvi to hdmi cable so I was under the impression that audio can't be sent through a dvi cord.

bilbat

Splendid
I'm pretty sure the fix I've seen is to get audio across the HDMI, and since 95%+ GPUs use an adapter to provide HDMI, it would seem that the audio must be squirreled away in there somewhere - I'll hunt for a pin-out, too, & try to figure out 'what's really going on here'...