Replacement CPU Clamp for Alienware WC

leedjc

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Hi Guys

I am new to WC, and need some help. I am upgrading an Alienware to a i7 which is to be OC'd to 4Ghz. The system is currently running a 775 chip, so the clamp on the stock Alienware no longer fits.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the clamp with the correct one, or does it needs a whole new i7 1366 sized block?

Here's an image of the WC rig:

One thing you'll note is that it's sealed! If I have to change the block, that's fine, but how to refill it...will it need a reservoir adding, or can it be refilled by submerging?

Thanks!

leedjc

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Oh yes, did I forget to mention that the board has been changed.......? Sorry thought that would have been fairly obvious! :kaola:

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006

To be fair, you DID say you were upgrading to an i7. Nothing was mentioned about a new board. I'm sure a 1366 socket CPU has been attempted to be forced into a 775 socket board. We like to make sure. Normally I would assume, but with the large amount of uninformed people, you can never be too sure.

I would recommend you contact the maker of your PC. I'm sure Alienware owes you some help with the price you paid for your system.