EVGA mobo or Memory crashing my computer?

ERay1288

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I just recently bought a new motherboard, the EVGA nForce 750i FTW along with two sticks of OCZ (2 gigs, 1066 mhz) of DDR2 ram. I used to run my same system on the MSI P6N Diamond with 3 gigs of Ballistix Tracer (1 gig, 800mhz) of ram with no problems. However, since "upgrading" the mobo and to 4 gigs of 1066 I've been experiencing some crashes, most notably after playing games (company of heroes) after about 30-45 minutes. Also, when I'm watching videos it starts to stutter 30-45 minutes in and I'll have to reboot my computer to get it running again. Is this a problem with the motherboard? Memory? I have not over clocked or touched FSB/Voltage, as I left everything on "Auto" in the bios. As far as I know, from SpeedFan, my computer is not over heating. The hottest core is at 51C and the GPUs are around 55-60.

The rest of my specs are:
Q6600 quad core 2.4ghz
XFS GeForce 8800GT (X2)
600 watt Rosewill SLI ready power supply
Windows Vista 32bit

Thanks, let me know if you need more information.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
if its crashing, i would bet your running too light on your RAM voltage. the EVGA boards default at a lower RAM voltage than most of the performance memory you buy. on the package your RAM came it it should state the required voltage and timings.

ERay1288

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Thanks! I raised the voltage a bit, and I was able to finish an entire movie and it ran as smooth as butter. I haven't tried running a game yet, but I'll try that tomorrow. So far, so good.