new system build case and mobo connection

reidarmstrong89

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
hey all ive been unable to get power to run through my comp. Was wondering maybe if i connected something wrong in the case.
Could anyone help me connect an antec 900 to an evga 780i SLI mobo.

the_mystery_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
Take off the left side panel. The metal plate you see inside the case is called the motherboard tray. There are a series of holes in this tray, some of which will match the holes on your board (there should be 9, ignore the ones that don't match up, those are for other kinds of boards). Screw the brass standoffs into these holes, then use the holes in the board to screw it down into the standoffs. YOU MUST USE ALL STANDOFFS! And don't make the screws overly tight. As long as they can't shake loose, they're fine. They just need to stay in place to give the board something secure to hang from. If you go too tight, you could warp and snap the board.

Then take the cables from your power supply, and connect the 24-pin mainboard connector at the front of the board, and the 8-pin CPU connector (should be near the top of the CPU socket)

reidarmstrong89

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
got everything working fine! My first build was a success and i must say its a rewarding and money saving experience. heres the specs.

case - Antec 900
mobo - evga 780i mobo
memory - corsair 4gb ddr2 800
psu - 750 watt coolermaster
video card - gtx 260 superclocked
Cpu - core 2 quad q6600
HD - caviar 350gb 7200rpm
OS - windows vista home premium 64 bit

TRENDING THREADS