Wire and dust managements on the Antec 900?

ipoopfool

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
I just got an antec 900, and I heard it was really dusty and had no holes for wire management.
I don't really plan on drilling a hole in the case. I would think that my case would run hot, with a 2.66ghz intel core 2 duo.
Do I need to manage my wires? How can I do that without messing up my case in anyway.

(yes, first time build, and I am a total noob)

Also, dust management. I saw a video showing how dusty the case gets especially with all those fans.
How can I keep the case dust free, inside and out?

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Eh it doesnt get that dusty...once in a while i just opened it up and cleaned out w/e was in there

It wont be hot in that thing, but to route some wires, there are some holes that u put some wires through. U gotta make sure theyre pretty flat because the other side panel doesnt have the biggest amount of room, but enough for some molex, Sata, etc.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
take or some zip ties, just something to keep them until u close the panel

Also use that space where the HD cages are on the other side. Theres more room there, so if u have a lot of cabling back there, just shove it in that crevice

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Go to retail store and buy a can of air. Don't use an air compressor. Pull your side panels off every month or so and blow it out. Hold the fans still (a blast of air will spin them to fast).

Keep your Case off the floor, thats where all the dust settles (especialy carpet)

I have a 4 year old Antec SLK1650B case that still looks brand new inside and out.

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
i just bought a can of compressed air and it really helps with the dust management. another thing you might want to consider is placing filters if you have many fans blowing into the case. on my antec i installed additional filters on the sides and front of the case and my dust has been reduced 10 fold.

Canned air contains moisture. Unplug machine from wall and hit the power button to drain the system and then spray. Wait a little bit before restarting.

Another thing you can do is put the hose from a vacuum on the "exhaust" port and use it to blow dust out.... take it outside or in the garage.

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Good call Swifty, if you use canned air never shake it or turn it upside-down.
As it will spew moisture. When it gets on low on pressure let it sit for a day or two, it will have pressure agian.