Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Two fans on a Xigy?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 11, 2009 11:44:18 PM

Hello everyone, I just ordered myself a Christmas present, an i5 750, Biostar T5 XE SLI CFX, and some DDR3 RAM. I am planning on getting the mounting bracket to attach my existing Xigmatek HDT-S1283. I also ordered some new fans, 2 Scythe Slipstream 110 CFM fans and I was wondering if I should put both on. I know that I could easily just zip tie the second onto the back, or maybe become a bit more creative, but I am wondering if anyone has tried this before and what kind of results they have gotten?

Thanks.

More about : fans xigy

a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2009 1:39:21 AM

Using two fans for a push-pull effect typically produces mixed results. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You'll have to test them both ways to find out which works best for you.
m
l
a c 163 K Overclocking
December 12, 2009 1:55:15 AM

More isn't necessarily better....I'd ask Xigy tech support what they recommend.....I think most peeps would be surprised at the answers the manufacturers provide.
m
l
Related resources
December 12, 2009 2:35:21 AM

I have a feeling that the impact will be negative. Also Xigmatek support is pretty damn non-existent. Guess I'll find out.

Besides I think I'm being greedy, an Xigmatek HDT-s1283 with a 110 CFM fan will easily cool a i5 750 at any reasonable voltage.
m
l
December 12, 2009 5:14:48 AM

I put another fan on my Xiggy and not much changed. I'm going to take it off because it's not noticeable for me.
m
l
December 12, 2009 12:23:48 PM

dont bother putting another fan on
m
l

Best solution

a c 239 K Overclocking
December 13, 2009 1:35:33 AM

Well thats unusual I added a second fan on my Xiggy and got a 2c drop in temps, both fans are 78cfm and the Xiggy base has been lapped along with my CPUs heatspreader, each modification had an effective temperature dropping with the second fan being the least of the 3 modifications, but it did drop the temps 2c.

Lapping the Xiggy base will give a definite cooling gain for sure, and lapping the CPUs heatspreader will void your CPU warranty, but also yield a cooling gain.

However it may be the fact my heatsink base has been lapped making better contact than those that got no gains from the second fan, or the 78cfm output of the fans is the perfect push pull fan combination for the Xiggy IDK?

Your guess is as good as mine.
!