More trouble with 4870

feck

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Ok,I had trouble installing my 4870 and posted on here Yesterday and got it sorted.It was all fine till today when I started getting like little specks of many colours appear,on website,desktop,everywhere.A bit like the snowstorm on a tv set.
Smardocter was saying card was fine and GPU was at 49oC.I switched off as I was worried I'd done something wrong Yesterday but monitor refused to switch back on later.
I have put my old card back in and everything is absolutely fine.Could this just be a corrupt ATI driver maybe,or something else?Thanks in advance.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
could still be DOA. Just because it worked for a little bit and then stopped working doesn't mean that it aint broken.

RMA = Returning the card (in essence, im not sure exactly what it stands for but you get the idea)

johnyeah

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
If you're getting grains on your display, chances are something's wrong with the video card.

Just because your video card worked for couple hours, it can still break down.

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
RMA = Return Material Authorization. Means they are authorizing you to return the product, usually will come with a number that they assign to your request so they have your problem on file.