zip icon changed all of a sudden

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I use win xp home edition

All of a sudden the icon of my zip files had changed to a non-attractive
icon. I have no idea how this happened. Can someone be kind enough to
inform me how I can change back my icons to original one? I would prefer to
have icon that looks like zipper or something that resembles a lock.

Sachi from Japan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi

Are you using the built-in XP zip option or a 3rd party program - such as
WinZip?

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"Sachi Noma" <kamakura123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I use win xp home edition
>
> All of a sudden the icon of my zip files had changed to a non-attractive
> icon. I have no idea how this happened. Can someone be kind enough to
> inform me how I can change back my icons to original one? I would prefer
> have icon that looks like zipper or something that resembles a lock.
>
> Sachi from Japan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I am using a third party zip/unzip program similar to Winzip

Regards, Sachi from Japan

> Hi
>
> Are you using the built-in XP zip option or a 3rd party program - such as
> WinZip?
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
> "Sachi Noma" <kamakura123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I use win xp home edition
> >
> > All of a sudden the icon of my zip files had changed to a non-attractive
> > icon. I have no idea how this happened. Can someone be kind enough to
> > inform me how I can change back my icons to original one? I would
prefer
> > have icon that looks like zipper or something that resembles a lock.
> >
> > Sachi from Japan

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi

If the icons have reverted to the XP ones run the following command from
Start>Run

regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll

Then go into your zip program and make sure that .ZIP files are associated
with that program.