Build new computer now or wait until Feb?

denmat

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Hi guys I've been reading the forums lately trying to decide on this.

I was hoping to wait until January(Feb at the latest) to build a new computer with the help of financial aid. This was the plan at first but browsing on newegg I've seeing quite a few deals that are tempting, especially with the free shipping on many items.

Would it be more beneficial to wait or to buy now?

I was thinking any savings I would get by waiting until February would be voided by the shipping costs.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
Whenever you buy theres always a cheaper better PC two days later. Prices don't realy change you just get more for your money the longer you leave it without buying.

m_silkstone

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
I think the current Exxxx chips will go down a fair bit as soon as the i7's take hold of the market?

I bought a hd4850 3 days later one came out at $40 less :(

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

I disagree, with the i7's being the new extreme and high end range and there being nothing else around that touches them why would intel have to drop the price? Old EE intel CPU's are still close to and over $1000 now despite being able to get better for cheaper.

OP there are always going to be deals on at Newegg you just have to find them, and as stated within 2 days if you havent seen a better price for a component you are doing well. If you have the money now and want/need a machine now... then buy it now.

EDIT: I apologise m_silkstone i read your post completely wrong. Exxxx will go down when more mainstream i7 equivalent cpu's are at market.