Sign in with
Your question

Sound Lag

Last response: in Components
December 4, 2008 8:19:06 AM

Hey guys I have a problem when ever I listen to anything, I get random sound lag, I listen to music from winamp I get sound lag, I steam media off youtube I get sound lag, I just did a fresh install of windows vista ultimate, thought that may fix the problem all my drivers should be up to date, hell I even did mouse pad drivers for lulz, and still the problem persists. The problem exactly is choppy/ laggy sound when listening to media and I really can't figure this out I had never had this in the past until recently, the only thing I noticed was that ever since I updated critical updates for windows a few weeks ago its been doing this.

My specs:

OS - Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1

CPU - Intel Q9550 quad core
RAM -G Skill Ram PC 8500 - 2 sticks of 2 Gigs

Board - Asus P5Q Deluxe
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/03/08 20:38:25 Ver: 08.00.14
Video - Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)
Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys
Driver Version: 6.10.0002.6480 (English)

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

More about : sound lag

December 28, 2008 6:09:15 PM

Did you solve your problem?
I hace the same f**king problem
Running
Quad core Q600
4 GB RAM
1 TB SATA2 HD
Windows vista home premium
I get the random lag in winamp, WMP, o any other app :( 
I am getting very frustrated
Cause it is a brand new pc
December 29, 2008 12:31:21 PM

Well since these other asshats on this website wont help us, we wont really know the answer, but from what iv gathered its my network adapter its a real piece of garbage, brand: Zio ( ya I know ... random) but when I unplug it its all good from my tests at least, I have the same prob I think the board we have is a piece of **** for drivers to, but I plan on changing my board soon, cuz like wtf is that ... sound lag WHO TF gets sound lag. anyways try it out hope IIIIIIIIIIIIII helped you (ya a bit bitter lol).
Related resources
October 24, 2009 10:02:59 AM

I also met same problem after changing my harddisk logicboard. Not only the sound lagged, everything was lagged (boot process, running application, etc.. became slower). I thought that the culprit was the sound board, but after searching some forums, I found out that the cause was my harddisk (primary IDE channel) transfer mode was set to PIO mode, where before was Ultra DMA mode. In case you haven't know, PIO mode is slower than DMA mode.

How to check your current primary IDE channel transfer mode:
- Open "Control Panel -> System"
- Click "Hardware" tab
- Click "Device Manager" button
- Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers"
- Right-click "Primary IDE Channel" and select "Properties"
- Click "Advanced Settings" tab
- You can see two group-box: device 0 and device 1. Usually the device 0 is your hard disk device. The information of the transfer mode is in the group-box.

To change the transfer mode from PIO to DMA, just choose "DMA if available" from Transfer Mode drop-down box.

If the current transfer mode is still PIO and didn't change, you must uninstall the Primary IDE channel (see http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx):
- Open "Device Manager"
- Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers"
- Right-click the "Primary IDE Channel" and select "Uninstall"
- Reboot the Windows
- After reboot, Windows will reinstall the Primary IDE Channel again.
- Now, you should be able to change the transfer mode agian.

Hope it helps.

October 24, 2009 3:50:20 PM

i solve this,by upgrading my motherboard drivers (Nvidia Nforce).
And sometime the winamp DSP filters (3D sorround, WoW thing etc.) cause this.
!