philcheung

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I have a GA MA790GPT-UD3H MOBO with 4 GB of Kingston DDR3 and a penom II x2 550 and updated firmware to F3 which was OK, then went into MB Intelligent tweaker and changed EC Firware to hybrid and set the ACC to auto, saved the settings and exited. On rebooting, the computer would not boot up at all and goes in a loop wiht a beep and then reboot and beep and reboot. Any idea how to resurrect the MB

philcheung

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
thanks and managed to get it fired up although did not have any luck with changing the phenomx2 to phenom x4 as in a previous conversation. have followed all the steps but the computer will go into another loop and will not boot up at all, I ended up by pulling the lithium battery out of the MOBO and took the power lead off for half an hour before resetting everything. Have upgraded to the new F4 BIOS for that MOBO still no luck.
Has anyone got any bright ideas how to open up the other two cores?
Thanks again outlw!

Those chips are not guaranteed to unlock the other cores. I have heard some use teshniques where they apply ACC only to the core they wish to unlock and are successful that way.

I would guess that it may be possible to unnlock one core, but beyond that I would not count on unlocking a second core.

philcheung

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
thanks folks for the help, I guess I must have two faulty cores then, when I set the EC Firware to hybrid, and ACC to auto and when it reboots, nothing happens and it will go into a loop rebooting itself. Have to clear the CMOS before being able to boot up and then still two cores shown.
THANKS AGAIN.
Xmas greetings from Downunder.