Directx 9.0c on Windows XP Professional with SP2

i tried to install directx 9.0c on my os with XP-SP2, but it seems that it
doesn't update. when i run dxdiag i can see that my directx version is still
9.0b how do i change it ?

Hi

Did you try to update via Windows Update or did you manually download
DirectX 9.0c?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"jaz215" <jaz215@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i tried to install directx 9.0c on my os with XP-SP2, but it seems that it
> doesn't update. when i run dxdiag i can see that my directx version is
> still
> 9.0b how do i change it ?

I have a problem very similar so here it goes. I installed SP2 after a lot of
hastle and now I can't update DirectX. When I try to start the installer it
just skips everything and goes stright to "finished" like it should if the
same version already is installed. The DXdiagnostictool sais that 9.0c is
installed althaw the instalation proces was skipped (also the first time) and
none of the programs that require a fresh version works. my question: is
there a way to force-install DX9.0c over the existing installation?