Registration

Hello all,

I just got my own copy of SWG from eBay. Because the previous owner had
registered it, I am now unable to register. Whilst this is great for all
those pirates, it makes it hard for us honest ppl. I have sent an email to
Sony asking how to transfer the rego to me but have not had any response
yet. Has anyone here had a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated. I
am keen to start exploring.

Thank you

Manfred

"Manfred Knorr" <mknorr@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I just got my own copy of SWG from eBay. Because the previous owner had
> registered it, I am now unable to register. Whilst this is great for all
> those pirates, it makes it hard for us honest ppl. I have sent an email to
> Sony asking how to transfer the rego to me but have not had any response
> yet. Has anyone here had a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated.
> I am keen to start exploring.
>
> Thank you
>
> Manfred
Your have two options
1) Get the user name and password from the ebay seller. Then change the
address and billing details
2) Buy an unused copy of SWG

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

and the game at most retailers is 20 bucks now so dont cost much

Anthony

"David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message

> "Manfred Knorr" <mknorr@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just got my own copy of SWG from eBay. Because the previous owner had
>> registered it, I am now unable to register. Whilst this is great for all
>> those pirates, it makes it hard for us honest ppl. I have sent an email
>> to Sony asking how to transfer the rego to me but have not had any
>> response yet. Has anyone here had a similar problem? Any help would be
>> appreciated. I am keen to start exploring.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Manfred
> Your have two options
> 1) Get the user name and password from the ebay seller. Then change the
> address and billing details
> 2) Buy an unused copy of SWG

NIB

Manfred Knorr wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just got my own copy of SWG from eBay. Because the previous owner had
> registered it, I am now unable to register.

Which is why you don't buy MMORPGs used.

Whilst this is great for all
> those pirates,

No, actually, MMORPGs stop pirates rather well.

> it makes it hard for us honest ppl.

Well, technically, since you're not supposed to sell your accounts, you
aren't all that "honest". You're breaking the EULA.

I have sent an email to
> Sony asking how to transfer the rego to me but have not had any response
> yet.

Don't expect any. They may do you the curtisy of telling you you're
screwed, but I doubt it.

Has anyone here had a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated. I
> am keen to start exploring.

Go to any game store and buy a copy (not used!) for < $20. That's a much
safer way of doing this. Besides, this way you get the free month. When
you buy a used copy, even if they give you their userid/password, you
still don't get the free month.

nib

"nib" <individual_news@nibsworld.com> wrote in message

> Manfred Knorr wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just got my own copy of SWG from eBay. Because the previous owner had
>> registered it, I am now unable to register.
>
> Which is why you don't buy MMORPGs used.
>
> Whilst this is great for all
>> those pirates,
>
> No, actually, MMORPGs stop pirates rather well.

That is what I ment.

>> it makes it hard for us honest ppl.
>
> Well, technically, since you're not supposed to sell your accounts, you
> aren't all that "honest". You're breaking the EULA.

Sell an account? I bought a program. By the way, how come you always put
ppl down somewhere in your responces? Do you think you are better than
everyone else?

> I have sent an email to
>> Sony asking how to transfer the rego to me but have not had any response
>> yet.
>
> Don't expect any. They may do you the curtisy of telling you you're
> screwed, but I doubt it.
>
> Has anyone here had a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated. I
>> am keen to start exploring.
>
> Go to any game store and buy a copy (not used!) for < $20. That's a much
> safer way of doing this. Besides, this way you get the free month. When
> you buy a used copy, even if they give you their userid/password, you
> still don't get the free month.

I went to EB and they told me that SWG was never released in Australia. That
is why I went to ebay to get one.

> nib

Sartori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2003

> "nib" <individual_news@nibsworld.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Manfred Knorr wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> I just got my own copy of SWG from eBay. Because the previous owner had
> >> registered it, I am now unable to register.
> >
> > Which is why you don't buy MMORPGs used.
> >
> > Whilst this is great for all
> >> those pirates,
> >
> > No, actually, MMORPGs stop pirates rather well.
>
> That is what I ment.
> >
> >> it makes it hard for us honest ppl.
> >
> > Well, technically, since you're not supposed to sell your accounts, you
> > aren't all that "honest". You're breaking the EULA.
>
> Sell an account? I bought a program. By the way, how come you always put
> ppl down somewhere in your responces? Do you think you are better than
> everyone else?

No, you purchased the CD-key, which is bound to an already existing account.
And nib did not put you down, he stated a fact.

> > I have sent an email to
> >> Sony asking how to transfer the rego to me but have not had any
response
> >> yet.
> >
> > Don't expect any. They may do you the curtisy of telling you you're
> > screwed, but I doubt it.
> >
> > Has anyone here had a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated. I
> >> am keen to start exploring.
> >
> > Go to any game store and buy a copy (not used!) for < $20. That's a much
> > safer way of doing this. Besides, this way you get the free month. When
> > you buy a used copy, even if they give you their userid/password, you
> > still don't get the free month.
> >

> I went to EB and they told me that SWG was never released in Australia.
That
> is why I went to ebay to get one.

http://www.sps-systems.co.uk/

Order a copy from them, they will even email you the CD-key so you can play
before the box arrives.

Thank you Sartori

Well nib seems to be right, again. I read the license and it seems the
software cannot be sold from one person to another. Another one of those
rules they invent to look after the shareholders. Motor car manufacturers
must wish they could create such a rule. Once you buy your new car, you
cannot sell it, even if you don't like it anymore.

I will buy a new copy.

Manfred