making google default search engine

hi,
anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions would
be most appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about making google default search engine

    Oh, lets make this painless for the OP ... "or", open your browser, type in
    the blank window www.google.com , then click on the menu up top "TOOLS"

    --
    " The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and
    expecting a different result each time"

    "or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions
    > would be most appreciated.

    Click start---search---change preferences---cgange internet search
    behavior---select google (Highlite) click OK.
    "or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions
    > would be most appreciated.

    Make Google your Default:
    http://www.google.com/options/defaults.html

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions
    > would be most appreciated.

    OP wants to search from the address bar (? search-term). Another way is
    bring up the search pane and go to "change preferences/change internet
    search behavior".

    Has anyone noticed that even after changing to Google IE goes by way of
    auto.search.msn.com. Why?

    "Pentium" <pent@anycomp.info> wrote in message
    > Oh, lets make this painless for the OP ... "or", open your browser, type
    > in the blank window www.google.com , then click on the menu up top "TOOLS"
    > >INTERNET OPTIONS>GENERAL "home page" > "USE CURRENT DONE!
    >
    > --
    > " The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again
    > and expecting a different result each time"
    > - Albert Einstein
    >
    > "or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
    >> hi,
    >> anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions
    >> would be most appreciated.

    That is not what the OP wants to do in my opinion. If he has a fixed site
    for his browser it will be changed..
    "Pentium" <pent@anycomp.info> wrote in message
    > Oh, lets make this painless for the OP ... "or", open your browser, type
    > in the blank window www.google.com , then click on the menu up top "TOOLS"
    > >INTERNET OPTIONS>GENERAL "home page" > "USE CURRENT DONE!
    >
    > --
    > " The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again
    > and expecting a different result each time"
    > - Albert Einstein
    >
    > "or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
    >> hi,
    >> anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions
    >> would be most appreciated.

Default Search Engine Microsoft Google Windows XP