making google default search engine

September 7, 2005 5:35:47 PM

hi,
anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions would
be most appreciated.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 7:55:59 PM

Oh, lets make this painless for the OP ... "or", open your browser, type in
the blank window www.google.com , then click on the menu up top "TOOLS"

--
" The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and
expecting a different result each time"

"or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
> hi,
> anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions
> would be most appreciated.

September 7, 2005 8:40:32 PM

Click start---search---change preferences---cgange internet search
behavior---select google (Highlite) click OK.
"or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
> hi,
> anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions
> would be most appreciated.

September 7, 2005 9:14:01 PM

Make Google your Default:
http://www.google.com/options/defaults.html

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
> hi,
> anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions
> would be most appreciated.

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:23:30 PM

OP wants to search from the address bar (? search-term). Another way is
bring up the search pane and go to "change preferences/change internet
search behavior".

Has anyone noticed that even after changing to Google IE goes by way of
auto.search.msn.com. Why?

"Pentium" <pent@anycomp.info> wrote in message
news:o UJHR9$sFHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Oh, lets make this painless for the OP ... "or", open your browser, type
> in the blank window www.google.com , then click on the menu up top "TOOLS"
> >INTERNET OPTIONS>GENERAL "home page" > "USE CURRENT DONE!
>
> --
> " The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again
> and expecting a different result each time"
> - Albert Einstein
>
> "or" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
>> hi,
>> anybody knows how to make google default search engine. any suggetions
>> would be most appreciated.

September 8, 2005 6:30:49 PM

That is not what the OP wants to do in my opinion. If he has a fixed site
for his browser it will be changed..

!