Fatal1ty Pro Soundcard and Nvidia 280 GTX

rlwalker1968

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I have an Nvidia 280 GTX and it has a 2 pin audio input for a pass through to the hdmi. I can not figure out where to plig this in on my Fatal1ty Pro soundcard? Is this even where it goes?

I am pretty advanced so a pin diagram of the board woul dhelp a lot, but I can't find one on the net.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
What manufacturer made your card? Because to my knowledge ATI/AMD are the only ones that have cards that support audio HDMI pass through. And i cant seem to find any manufacturer that makes a GTX280 with native HDMI

rlwalker1968

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
The soundcard is a Creative Fatal1ty pro soundcard and there is a couple rows of pins on the front of the circuit board.

The video card is a BFG Tech BFGEGTX2801024OC2E GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card and on the side of the card which faces you when you look into the case is a single 2 pin spdif input, the card even comes with the cable, but I can not for the life of me figure out where it goes on the soundcard.

The pin holes on the cable are labelled spdif, and the other is labelled ground. I assume these plug on two of the bare pins on the soundcard where it says spdif, all I need is a pin diagram - i can experiment from there.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Ok just did a bit of research for you...

Apparently audio passthrough will work with DVI-HDMI converter (packaged with card) im both suprised and baffled at how this would work but most places say it does???

Secondly, connecting it to the X-fi is going to thrill you. If you dont use the front IO for the X-fi (i have one for mine) you can actually connect the 2 pins of the SPDIF cable to the AD_EXT front IO connector... Now this i would be careful with and i havent tried it but seems to be a hit with others. Heres a couple of references for you...

http://kb.kxproject.lugosoft.com/AD_EXT.jpg
http://pinouts.ru/Multimedia/sb_audigy2_ad_ext_pinout.shtml

These are pinouts for the AD_EXT connector, in theory connect to the correct 2 pins and your away.

rlwalker1968

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Thank you soooo very much, i spent hours and hours seatching for pin map, etc, and got nothing even remotely close.

Looks to be pin 7 and 9 and I should be good to go.

Again thank you. Just the pin map is all I needed.

St0o

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007

Hi I have this same problem and was wondering if you managed to get it working, if so which pins on the fatality do you connect it to and how do you enable the audio in the software, thanks.